Traditionally, Za'atar is generally a combination of herbs like dried oregano, thyme, or marjoram accompanied with sumac and toasted sesame seeds. Mixed with the flavors of nutty pistachio and the sweetness of maple syrup, these healthy oat bars are sure to be a big hit with the family!
SWEET PISTACHIO OAT BARS WITH COCONUT
If you are looking for yummy pistachio snack recipes, then rest in the fact that this chewy pistachio and Za'atar bars recipe is fully delicious and ready to be your best friend!
Made with our superfood Organic Apples + Greens blend, these healthy snack bars are filled with plant-based protein and bits of powerhouse ingredients that will keep you going throughout the day such as hemp protein, organic turmeric, organic kale, pea protein, and much more.
Pistachio bars are so easy to make with very little steps so this recipe is perfect for whenever you are meal prepping for the week ahead. This recipe is naturally vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and perfect for those who are wanting something sweet but plant-based!
WHY THIS ZA'ATAR VEGAN RECIPE IS THE BEST
- Easy: These pistachio oat bars are so easy to make–all you have to do is mix everything together, transfer to a dish, and chill!
- Freezer-Friendly: Easily make a batch of bars and freeze some to have on hand for when you get the next craving. These bars are perfect for freezing!
- Filled with Protein: Thanks to pistachios, hemp protein, Organic Tejari Blend, pumpkin protein and more, these healthy snack bars are great for whenever you need something filling for either breakfast or snack.
- Sweet and Chewy: Naturally sweetened with sticky maple syrup, these pistachio and Za'atar bars are satisfying to bite into and are not overwhelmingly sweet, either. The coconut oil keeps everything chewy!
Coconut Oil: Nutty coconut oil is melted down and used to mix everything together. We love to use coconut oil because it adds a hint of coconut flavor and keeps everything moist.
Maple Syrup: Just the right amount of maple syrup is used to keep these bars delicately sweet. These bars are naturally refined sugar-free and vegan, but any type of liquid sweetener can be used.
Pistachio Butter: Pistachio butter is high in protein and fiber and great to use in various snack recipes. Any type of nut butter can be used in place of the pistachio.
Vanilla: Pure vanilla extract gives these pistachio squares an aromatic and pleasant flavor that blends well with all of the other ingredients. You could also use almond extract.
Coconut Flour: Nutty coconut flour can be found at most well-stocked grocery stores and online. This type of flour retains moisture and is great for these bars.
Oat Flour: Another great gluten-free option, oat flour gives these bars extra fiber and balances out the coconut flour.
Tejari Organic Apples + Greens Blend: Curated with high-fiber apples, organic reishi mushroom extract, vitamin-packed leafy greens, and anti-inflammatory turmeric, this blend provides a dose of extra protein, minerals, and nutrients your body will thank you for later.
Za'atar: Za'atar is herbal, tangy, nutty, and aromatic and made with a variety of traditional cuisines. Generally, Za'atar is made with marjoram, sumac, thyme, cumin, or coriander, and can be either homemade or store-bought.
Salt: A little bit of sea salt balances everything out in these snack bars.
- Feel free to add green spirulina for an extra vibrant green hue.
- You can also mix melted white chocolate with the pistachio butter to make a sweet drizzle for the tops of the squares.
- Top with your favorite chopped nuts or chopped pistachios.
DOES PISTACHIO BUTTER TASTE GOOD?
Pistachio nut butter has a natural nutty, earthy, and slightly sweet flavor. You can expect pistachio nut butter to be creamy and smooth.
WHERE CAN I BUY ORGANIC TEJARI BLENDS?
HOW TO MAKE THIS PISTACHIO AND ZA'ATAR OAT BAR RECIPE
MIX WET INGREDIENTS
First, melt the coconut oil until fully melted, then add to a large bowl with maple syrup, pistachio butter, and vanilla extract. Mix with a rubber spatula until everything is smooth.
ADD DRY INGREDIENTS
Next, add the coconut flour, oat flour, Tejari Blend, Za'atar or more oat flour, salt, and the green spirulina if you are using it. Fold all of the ingredients together until everything is mixed and fully combined.
Add the pistachio mixture to a square dish lined with parchment paper or greased with nonstick cooking spray. Allow the mixture to sit in the refrigerator for one hour until hardened.
If drizzling the bars with the white chocolate sauce, then melt the white chocolate chips with the pistachio nut butter in the microwave and drizzle on top of the bars before serving.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for five days.
- Chill the bars in the refrigerator so they will last longer.
- Freeze the bars in a freezer-safe bag and freeze for four months.
- For non-vegan bars, you can use honey as a sweetener.
- Add dried cranberries, apricots, or prunes to the bars for extra sweet and tart flavors.
- Instead of pistachio nut butter, use cashew, peanut, almond, or sunflower butter.
- Make pistachio date bars by adding chopped dates into the pistachio mixture.
MORE RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE
- Fudgy Date Brownies
- Green Latte Matcha
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Bars
- Strawberry and Pistachio Whipped Goat Cheese
- Cacao and Almond Butter Truffles
- 45 grams coconut oil
- 90 grams maple syrup
- 180 grams pistachio butter (or other nut butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 45 grams coconut flour
- 45 grams oat flour
- 30 grams Tejari Organic Apples + Greens Blend
- 30 grams za’atar (or more oat flour)
- A pinch of salt
- Optional: green spirulina for color
- Melt the coconut oil. Add to a bowl with the maple syrup, pistachio butter and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the coconut flour, oat flour, Tejari Apples + Greens Blend, za’atar (or more oat flour), salt and optional green spirulina. Fold until mixed.
- Add to a dish and sit in the fridge for one hour.
- Optionally, you can mix melted white chocolate with pistachio butter and drizzle on top. Slice and enjoy!
WHY IS TEJARI ORGANIC?
Our Organic Tejari Blends are made with the cleanest and most pristine ingredients. From organic and wholesome organic pea protein powder to transparent labels you can trust, Organic Tejari Superfood Blends are carried out with the highest standards in place to offer the most genuine experiences you could ever have.
WHY IS THIS TEJARI RECIPE BETTER?
Tejari is low in sugar (it has no added sugar), it has a moderate level of protein, and it also contains fiber. You want to incorporate things like this in your diet as you want nutrient density when you're eating - things to stabilize your blood sugar and keep you full for extended periods of time, and Tejari does that.