SIMPLE VANILLA CAKE TOPPED WITH GREEK YOGURT FROSTING AND BERRIES
A delicious vanilla greek yogurt with berries cake! This cake is super easy to make with very basic ingredients making this the perfect way to start your weekend breakfast or brunch off right way, made with our Tejari Organic Strawberry Blend (can also be swapped out with the Tejari Organic Vanilla Blend!).
Ingredients for the Cake:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose ﬂour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in the eggs and mix well till combined.
- Add the buttermilk and vanilla, mix well.
- Sift in the ﬂour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until just combined (lumps are okay!)
- Transfer the batter to the pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before removing from the pan.
- 1 1/4 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp Tejari Organic Strawberry Blend
In a bowl, combine the yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and Tejari Organic Strawberry Blend. Mix with vigor until very smooth and ﬂuffy. *If you cannot smooth out any stubborn lumps, add a splash of any milk of your choice to loosen it up a bit.
- 2 cups fresh berries of your choice, sliced and halved as needed. Optional: edible ﬂowers
- Spread the Greek yogurt frosting generously on top of the cake with swirls and swoops. Pile the berries on top and garnish with edible ﬂowers if using.