GREEN ENERGY SQUARES
Your afternoon snack just got a whole lot more colorful! Our Green Energy Squares are as eye catching as they are delicious—made with Matcha which gives a gorgeous green hue and cashew butter for a rich taste that'll keep you feeling satisfied. Our favorite part of these energy squares is that you can get creative with the crumble on top! We've even included a list of suggestions to help you get started. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Yield: 16 squares
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1.5 cups shredded, unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup Tejari Organic Apple + Greens Blend
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 8 dates, pitted and chopped
- ¾ cup cashew butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, softened
- 1 tbsp Tejari Organic Apple + Greens Blend
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Unsweetened coconut
- Chopped pistachios
- Dried rose petals
- Fit an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper so that the paper hangs over the sides. Set aside until ready to use.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor in the order listed. Process until a smooth, malleable dough forms. You’re looking for the texture of cookie dough!
- Press dough into prepared pan to create a smooth surface that goes from edge to edge.
- Next, make your icing by mixing together the softened coconut oil and Tejari in a small bowl. It should be a consistency where you can drizzle it.
- Drizzle icing over the top of pan then sprinkle on any toppings you are using.
- Transfer baking dish to the fridge to firm up, about 30 minutes.
- Once firm, carefully lift out of pan using parchment, then slice into 16 squares, roughly 2x2” each.
- Store in the fridge for two weeks or transfer to the freezer and thaw before enjoying.
At Tejari, we believe great-tasting food doesn’t have to be overly complex. That’s why we strategically source organic, clean, anti-inflammatory ingredients to use in our products. We believe what you eat not only contributes to physical strength and wellness, but also supports mental health, too.