VEGAN PUMPKIN SOUP
This healthy vegan pumpkin soup is a cup of comfort that’s full of fall flavors. You’ll love the warmth from the cumin and pumpkin spice mixed with the brightness of a golden delicious apple.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3 tbsp Tejari Organic Pumpkin Spice Blend
- 1 small sugar pie pumpkin, peeled, seeded, and chopped into 1” cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1 golden delicious apple, peeled, cored, and chopped into 1” cubes
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk, well stirred
- Olive oil or coconut milk drizzle
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
- Chili flakes
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pot and add the diced onions and salt, stirring to combine. Cover and cook over low heat to allow the onions to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining spices and Tejari Organic Pumpkin Spice Blend and cook with the onions for an additional minute.
- Add cubed pumpkin, apple, and stock. Cover pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low, stir in the coconut milk, cover and let simmer until the pumpkin is very soft and can easily be mashed with the back of a spoon, 20-30 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender or stand blender, puree the soup until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings to preference.
- To serve, ladle soup into warm bowls and sprinkle with desired garnishes.