This vegan, fall-forward frozen dessert is what you’d imagine if you combined all the best parts of ice cream, sorbet and gelato. Creamy, refreshing, indulgent, cozy and sweet.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3/4 tsp Tejari Organic Pumpkin Spice Blend
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Place your ice cream maker in the freezer and coconut milk in the fridge at least 12 hours before you’re ready to make your ice cream.
- Whisk pumpkin, peanut butter, coconut sugar, maple and spices together until smooth. Add to a pan over a medium-low flame, stir until mixture thickens and pumpkin loses its root taste.
- Whisk the coconut milk into the pumpkin mixture until incorporated. Bring to a soft boil, then remove from heat. Pour into a heat-safe bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove the gelato base from the fridge and the churning bowl from the freezer. Churn the ice cream for about 20 minutes or until thick like a soft serve ice cream. Pour back into a freezer-safe bowl and allow to freeze for 4-6 hours.
Remove from the freezer about 20 minutes before scooping and serving. (A little scoop of peanut butter alongside is a good move here).