Simple to make and even more delicious to eat, this moist Zucchini Bread is perfectly fresh and tasty, with our Organic Apples and Greens Blend.
Yield: 1 loaf
- ½ cup pitted and chopped Medjool dates (from about 4 whole)
- ½ c hot water
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp Tejari Organic Apples and Greens Blend
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup, plus 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ lb shredded zucchini (roughly 2 heaping cups)
- 6 tbsp rolled oats
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat a standard loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place dates into a small bowl and top with hot water. Set aside to soften.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, Tejari Organic Apples and Greens Blend, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Transfer dates along with any liquid to a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to the food processor along with the date puree: eggs, oil, vanilla extract, and honey. Process until smooth.
- Transfer contents of food processor to a large bowl then using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the shredded zucchini.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the bowl with the zucchini mixture until just combined.
- Add oats, raisins, and walnuts and gently combine once more, being careful not to over work the batter.
- Transfer to the pan and bake until loaf has risen and turned a light golden brown, about 1 hour.
- Remove loaf from oven and cool for about 30 minutes, then carefully turn out of pan onto a wire rack and cool completely before slicing.