BLUEBERRY YOGURT BOWL
INGREDIENTS FOR BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE BOWL
- Tejari Organic Blueberry + Spinach Blend (there are 1.5 cups of spinach and 17 blueberries in each blend)
- Organic soy milk (or any type of plant-based milk)
- Raspberries (I used frozen raspberries to make this yogurt bowl a little more like a smoothie)
- Spirulina (a form of a blue-green algae, this powerhouse ingredient has been used by many cultures for its superior health and detoxifying benefits on the body)
- Optional toppings: bee pollen, raspberries, and coconut flakes
What are the benefits of eating bee pollen?
The health benefits of bee pollen are endless! A natural inflammatory, bee pollen is known to strength the immune system and act as one of nature's best antioxidants. Many people take bee pollen as a daily nutritional supplement.
Where can I find bee pollen?
Bee pollen can be found at most health food stores, farmers' markets, and online markets such as Amazon, Thrive, and other nutritional supplement shops
Where can I buy Organic Tejari Blends?
You can find our Organic Tejari Superfood Blends here. There are so many yummy options to choose from for your next smoothie and smoothie bowl recipes.
Are you curious about which Organic Tejari Blends are good for you? Take our quiz!
How much spirulina should you put in a smoothie?
We like to add just a spoonful of spirulina to his recipe. You can use anywhere between one teaspoon and one half a tablespoon, but be careful as the spirulina can have a strong flavor.
How to Make a Blueberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
- Blend the ingredients: In a blender, add the organic soy milk and yogurt, banana, Tejari Organic Blueberry + Spinach Blend, frozen raspberries, and spirulina. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into bowl: Pour the blueberry smoothie bowl in a small bowl and top with local bee pollen, additional raspberries, and unsweetened or sweetened shaved coconut flakes.
Tips for This Recipe
Store the leftovers in an airtight container and store in the freezer for up to one day. When ready to enjoy again, simply allow the smoothie bowl to thaw in the refrigerator overnight or at room temperature an hour or so before eating.
If you don't have fresh bananas, you can use frozen bananas.
Add more soy milk as needed to thin the smoothie.
Why is this Tejari recipe better?
Tejari is low in sugar (it has no added sugar), it has a moderate level of protein, and it also contains fiber. You want to incorporate things like this in your diet as you want nutrient density when you're eating - things to stabilize your blood sugar and keep you full for extended periods of time, and Tejari does that.
Why is Tejari organic?
Our Organic Tejari Blends are made with the cleanest and most pristine ingredients only. From organic and wholesome organic pea protein powder to transparent labels you can trust, Organic Tejari Superfood Blends are carried out with the highest standards in place to offer the most genuine experiences you could ever have.
Is this family friendly?
This recipe is certainly family-friendly! People of all ages enjoy this superfood recipe, including toddlers and children!
What time of day do you suggest this recipe?
This recipe is great for breakfast or brunch before or after yoga, and it is even suitable for a post-workout snack in the mid-afternoon.
What other Tejari recipe would complement this yogurt bowl?
Are there accompanying ingredients you recommend to buy organic?
We recommend buying organic items when possible. Items like bananas, raspberries, bee pollen, and spirulina can be found in most organic sections in stores.
Other Healthy Recipes You Will Love:
- ½ tablespoon Tejari Organic Blueberry + Spinach Blend
- 1 cup organic soy milk
- 1 cup organic plain yogurt
- ½ banana
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- 1 spoonful of spirulina
- Bee pollen
- Coconut ﬂakes
- In a blender, add milk, banana, Tejari Organic Blueberry + Spinach Blend, raspberries and spirulina and pulse into smooth.
- Top with bee pollen, raspberries and coconut.
Servings: 1 bowl
Serving size: 8 ounces
Calories: 754 Carbohydrates: 52.4g Protein: 15.0 g Fat: 8.1 g Saturated Fat: 3 g Cholesterol: 15 mg Sodium: 314.5 g Potassium: 2919.5 mg Fiber: 5.2 g Sugar: 35.6 Calcium: 524 mg Iron: 67 g