Fall recipe inspo, right on schedule.
In need of something sweet without missing a beat? Ditch the post-dessert sugar crash with these TEJARI Pumpkin Bars. Made with energizing plant protein, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and *zero* added sugar (you can thank dates for that!), this guilt-free fall treat is perfect for the entire family. Go ahead, grab seconds!
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 4 tbsp Tejari Pumpkin Blend
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (not meal // or 1 cup raw almonds)
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (optional as Tejari Pumpkin Blend already has dates and provides sweetness)
- 4-5 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Tejari Pumpkin Blend
- 2 3/4 cups pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup ground dates (optional)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 2 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and line an 8x8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Make crust by adding oats to a blender and blending/mixing.
- Add almond flour, Tejari Pumpkin Blend, sea salt, coconut sugar and mix once more. Then add maple syrup and melted coconut oil and mix/pulse to combine. Depending on device, you may need to use a spoon to scrape around the edges to ensure the crust is completely mixed. If it appears or feels too dry, add more coconut oil.
- Add crust to the parchment-lined baking dish and shake to evenly disperse, then lay down parchment paper on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, add all filling ingredients to the blender (or food processor) and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust as needed. Set aside.
- Once the crust is baked, pour the filling into the crust and tap on counter to remove air bubbles. Bake for 50 minutes - 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before loosely covering with plastic wrap or foil and transferring to the refrigerator to fully set for 4-6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Once cooled, gently lift bars out of dish and slice into 9 bars.
- Serve with coconut whipped cream and an additional sprinkle of Tejari Pumpkin blend.
At Tejari, we believe great-tasting food doesn’t have to be overly complex. That’s why we strategically source organic, clean, anti-inflammatory ingredients to use in our products. We believe what you eat not only contributes to physical strength and wellness, but also supports mental health, too.