CACAO CASHEW NUT BUTTER BLEND
A step-by-step guide for how to make your own cacao cashew nut butter. An easy and delicious way to use Tejari Organic Cacao Blend and enjoy as a breakfast or snack!
- 2 cups raw, unsalted cashews
- 2 tsp neutral oil, optional
- 2 Tbsp Tejari Organic Cacao Blend
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ﬂaky salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place the cashews on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until lightly golden, about 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the cashews to a food processor or blender and begin to blend. The cashew butter process will go from grainy to clumpy to smooth, be patient and keep processing. It can take up to 15 minutes depending on how powerful your machine is.
- Scrape down the sides of the food processor every couple minutes and keep processing until smooth. Add in the neutral oil, 1/2 teaspoon at time if required for the cashew butter to come together. It should be glossy and smooth and the addition of oil aids this.
- With the food processor running, add Tejari’s Organic Cacao Blend, the cacao powder, honey, and salt. It should blend in seamlessly, but if you observe that it’s drying out, add an additional 1/4 teaspoon of oil as needed to remain glossy.
- Transfer to a jar and store in the fridge.
Enjoy this delicious chocolatey cashew butter spread on your favorite toast with an extra sprinkle of ﬂaky salt.