Like your favorite childhood ice cream, but so much healthier. Made with only simple ingredients, this mint tart recipe creates a a minty, and chocolatey dessert. Nostalgia never tasted so sweet!
No-Bake Chocolate Mint Tarts
Yield: 4, 3.5” tarts
- ¼ cup Tejari Organic Cacao Blend, divided
- 1 1/3 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp fine salt
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp coconut nectar
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup plain coconut yogurt
- Mixed fruit, for topping
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- 4 mini tart pans with removeable bottoms, 3.5-4” in diameter
- Add 2 tablespoons Tejari Organic Cacao Blend (save the remaining 2 tablespoons for later), almond flour, cocoa powder and salt to a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Melt coconut oil and coconut nectar then whisk together with extract in a small bowl.
- Add your wet mixture into the bowl with your dry mixture and stir to combine, until a crumbly dough-like consistency is achieved.
- Press tart dough into the bottom of pans and up the sides, until around ¼-inch thick. Transfer to the refrigerator to firm up, about 30 minutes.
- While tart dough is chilling, mix together the remaining 2 tablespoons Tejari Organic Cacao Blend with the coconut yogurt. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Prep any fruit or mint that you will use to garnish.
- To assemble tarts, carefully remove the tart shells from the pans by pressing up on the removeable bottoms. Fill each shell with coconut-cacao mixture and top with your choice of fresh fruit. Garnish with a few small mint leaves and serve while still chilled.