These delicious, no bake vegan coconut flour bars take less than 10 minutes to make! This super easy recipe is a great option for a healthy snack or a guilt-free dessert. It's kid-friendly and gluten free too!
These chewy peanut butter coconut flour bars are quick and easy to make, this recipe is perfect for whenever you are meal prepping for the week ahead. This recipe is naturally vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and perfect for those with a sweet tooth who are wanting something plant-based!
Made with our superfood Organic Apples + Greens blend, these healthy coconut bars are filled with plant-based protein and powerhouse ingredients that will keep you going throughout the day such as hemp protein, organic turmeric, organic kale, pea protein, and much more.
Vegan recipes generally require the use of healthier ingredients like this one does, but these no bake peanut butter coconut flour bars are also a great option when you need a healthy, lower carb dessert or gluten free snacks.
They are perfect with a cup of coffee or for breakfast on the go, or you can decorate them with white chocolate drizzle for a sweet dessert for special occasions!
WHY THIS RECIPE IS THE BEST
- Easy: These coconut flour bars are so easy to make-all you have to do is mix everything together, transfer to a dish, and chill!
- Freezer-Friendly: Easily make a batch of bars and freeze some to have on hand for when you get the next craving. These bars are perfect for freezing!
- Filled with Protein: Thanks to peanuts, hemp protein, Organic Tejari Blend, pumpkin protein and more, these healthy snack bars are great for whenever you need something filling for either breakfast or a snack.
- Sweet and Chewy: With no added sugar, this no bake coconut bars recipe uses sticky maple syrup as a natural sweetener. They are so satisfying to bite into and are not overwhelmingly sweet, either. The coconut oil keeps everything chewy!
- Customizable: This recipe is great to use as a foundation to make other healthy sweet treats. Next time try making no-bake pistachio butter coconut bars, using pistachio butter instead of peanut butter. Similarly, you can also use almond butter or other nut butters. See below for more variations to make your own new creation!
- Everything you need to make these delicious coconut flour bars can be very easily sourced, and probably already in your pantry. Coconut oil, maple syrup and peanut butter are all great binding agents that will keep the dry ingredients together, making them chewy and irresistible! Coconut flour and oat flour are great gluten free alternatives and they work so well with nutty flavors.
Coconut Oil: Nutty coconut oil is melted down and used to mix everything together. We love to use coconut oil because it adds a hint of coconut flavor and keeps everything moist.
Maple Syrup: Just the right amount of maple syrup is used to keep these bars delicately sweet. These bars are naturally refined sugar-free and vegan, but any type of liquid sweetener can be used.
Peanut Butter: Peanut butter is high in protein, fiber and healthy fats, and it is great to use in various snack recipes. Any type of nut butter can be used in place of the peanut butter.
Vanilla: Pure vanilla extract gives these pistachio squares an aromatic and pleasant flavor that blends well with all of the other ingredients. You could also use almond extract.
Coconut Flour: Nutty coconut flour can be found at most well-stocked grocery stores and online. This type of flour retains moisture and is great for these bars, you could also use almond flour.
Oat Flour: Another great gluten-free option, oat flour gives these bars extra fiber and balances out the coconut flour.
Tejari Organic Apples + Greens Blend: Curated with high-fiber apples, organic reishi mushroom extract, vitamin-packed leafy greens, and anti-inflammatory turmeric, this blend provides a dose of extra protein, minerals, and nutrients your body will thank you for later.
Salt: A little bit of sea salt balances everything out in these protein bars.
- Add dried cranberries, apricots, or prunes to the bars for extra sweet and tart flavors.
- Instead of peanut butter, use cashew, pistachio, almond, or sunflower butter.
- Make peanut date bars by adding chopped dates into the pistachio mixture.
- Add texture by adding small amounts of graham cracker crumbs or coconut flakes to the mix.
- Feel free to add green spirulina for an extra vibrant green hue.
- You can also mix melted white chocolate with the peanut butter to make a sweet drizzle for the tops of the squares; alternatively, use dark chocolate.
- Top with your favorite chopped nuts or chopped pistachios.
- Add Za’atar to the recipe for a more intense nutty, spiced and earthy tone to your treats! (Substitute 30 grams Za’atar for 30 grams of the oat flour)
- Use almond flour to substitute for coconut flour if you have it to hand instead.
MIX WET INGREDIENTS
First, melt the coconut oil until fully melted, then add to a large bowl with maple syrup, pistachio butter, and vanilla extract. Mix with a rubber spatula until everything is smooth.
ADD DRY INGREDIENTS
Next, add the coconut flour, oat flour, Tejari Blend, Za'atar or more oat flour, salt, and the green spirulina if you are using it. Fold all of the ingredients together until everything is mixed and fully combined.
Add the pistachio mixture to a square dish or prepared pan lined with parchment paper or greased with nonstick cooking spray. Allow the mixture to sit in the refrigerator for one hour until hardened.
ARE THESE COCONUT BARS HEALTHY?
This recipe for coconut bars is very healthy as it contains our superfood Tejari Organic Apples + Greens Blend as well as peanut butter which is naturally high in fiber, protein, and healthy fats. They’re perfect for a healthy high energy snack for lunches or coffee breaks.
HOW DO I STORE COCONUT BARS?
Store the leftovers in an airtight container, or covered with plastic wrap, at room temperature for five days. If you chill the bars in the refrigerator they will last longer.
CAN I FREEZE THEM?
You can freeze coconut bars in a freezer-safe bag and they will keep for up to four months. This is a great way to always have a breakfast on the go prepared for those mornings when you’re too busy to sit down!
IS THIS RECIPE GLUTEN FREE?
Everything in this recipe is gluten free. Make sure that the oat four you are using is made from certified gluten free oats, but all other ingredients are naturally gluten free.
- If drizzling the bars with the white chocolate sauce, then melt the white chocolate chips with the peanut butter in the microwave and drizzle on top of the bars before serving.
- For non-vegan bars, you can use honey as a sweetener.
MORE RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE
- Fudgy Date Brownies
- Vegan Protein Balls
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Bars
- Protein Peanut Butter Cups
- Cacao and Almond Butter Truffles
WHERE CAN I BUY ORGANIC TEJARI BLENDS?
You can find our Organic Tejari Superfood Blends here. There are so many yummy options to choose from for your next flavorful recipes. You can find both the small sachets and full-serving bags for Tejari Organic Apples + Greens Blend.
Are you curious about which Organic Tejari Blends are good for you? Take our quiz!
WHY IS TEJARI ORGANIC?
Our Organic Tejari Blends are made with the cleanest and most pristine ingredients and whole foods. From organic and wholesome organic pea protein powder to transparent labels you can trust, Organic Tejari Superfood Blends are carried out with the highest standards in place to offer the most genuine experiences you could ever have.
WHY IS THIS TEJARI RECIPE BETTER?
Tejari is low in sugar (it has no added sugar), it has a moderate level of protein, and it also contains fiber. You want to incorporate things like this in your diet as you want nutrient density when you're eating - things to stabilize your blood sugar levels and keep you full for extended periods of time, and Tejari does that.
FIND AND FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM FOR MORE!
- 45 grams coconut oil
- 90 grams maple syrup
- 180 grams pistachio butter (or other nut butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 45 grams coconut flour
- 45 grams oat flour
- 30 grams Tejari Organic Apples + Greens Blend
- 30 grams za’atar (or more oat flour)
- A pinch of salt
- Optional: green spirulina for color
- Melt the coconut oil. Add to a bowl with the maple syrup, pistachio butter and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the coconut flour, oat flour, Tejari Apples + Greens Blend, za’atar (or more oat flour), salt and optional green spirulina. Fold until mixed.
- Add to a dish and sit in the fridge for one hour.
- Optionally, you can mix melted white chocolate with pistachio butter and drizzle on top. Slice and enjoy!