Ditch the post-dessert sugar crash with these healthy Oatmeal Pumpkin Bars. Made with energizing plant protein and no added sugar, this guilt-free fall treat is perfect for the entire family. This recipe comes with a gluten-free option!
Oats – Use your favorite type of rolled oats for this recipe. For gluten-free pumpkin bars, be sure to use gluten-free oats.
Tejari Organic Pumpkin Spice Blend – Rich with organic pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon, dates, pea protein, and ashwagandha root, this superfood blend the filled with natural potassium, magnesium, and other immunity-boosting properties that are great for the body.
Coconut Sugar – A great alternative to refined sugar, coconut sugar is a sweetener that has a low glycemic index and great for healthy desserts.
Pumpkin Puree – Use your favorite organic pumpkin puree from a can or simply make your own.
Vanilla Extract – Be sure to use organic pure vanilla extract for this recipe.
Coconut Butter – A great way to introduce extra creaminess and smooth nutty flavors to this recipe. Also a great source of omega-3s!
Pecans – Roasted pecans are key elements to this recipe and provide these pumpkin pies with rich protein and fiber. Use your own freshly gathered or store-bought pecans.
Is Pumpkin Spice Healthy?
Since Tejari's Organic Pumpkin Spice Blend contains natural minerals, superfoods, eco-friendly pea protein, and cinnamon to help regulate blood levels and antioxidant levels, this immune-boosting pumpkin spice blend is a great addition to anyone's daily regimen.
What does Ashwagandha do for the Body?
Some studies have shown that ashwagandha may be beneficial in reducing stress, acting as an anti-inflammatory. and promoting memory.
Where Can I Find Tejari Organic Blends?
ARE OATMEAL BARS GOOD FOR YOU?
These are! Vegan with a gluten-free option and full of protein, these snacks are nutrient-dense and filled with so much pea protein that is easy on the body. These bars are filled with antioxidants, fiber, and plant-based ingredients that will give your body a boost of energy.
Other Recipes You Will Love
WHAT YOU NEED
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 6 tablespoons Tejari Organic Pumpkin Spice Blend
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- ¼ cup roasted pecans, chopped
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper so that it hangs over the sides, set aside until needed.
- In a food processor, combine oats, Tejari Organic Pumpkin Spice Blend, coconut sugar and salt. Pulse until oats break down and everything is well combined.
- Add in pumpkin, vanilla, and coconut butter. Process until smooth.
- Add in pecans and pulse mixture once or twice just to combine, leaving visible pieces of chopped nuts.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan and press down to fill pan and flatten the top. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour to set up.
- Using parchment paper, lift the filling out of the pan and cut into squares. If not eating right away, store in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
WHY IS TEJARI ORGANIC?
WHY IS THIS TEJARI RECIPE BETTER?
Tejari is low in sugar (it has no added sugar), it has a moderate level of protein, and it also contains fiber. You want to incorporate things like this in your diet as you want nutrient density when you're eating - things to stabilize your blood sugar and keep you full for extended periods of time, and Tejari does that.