Need to switch up your snacks? Feast your eyes on this protein hummus without chickpeas! Made with tahini, garlic, chives and cilantro, this lemon herb tahini recipe is the ideal companion to your veggies and crackers. Eat it straight up with a spoon (it’s that good).
Creamy, bright, and refreshing, this lemon herb tahini spread or dressing is perfect for whenever you are craving hummus without the chickpeas. Fresh ingredients such as citrus, fresh herbs, and garlic encompass this Greek dip recipe.
Ready within minutes, you can serve this tahini sauce as a bright dressing for your favorite salads or dip for crunchy seedy oat crackers or fresh crispy vegetables.
IS TAHINI GLUTEN-FREE?
Traditionally, tahini is naturally gluten-free and made from sesame seeds, water, lemon, and garlic. If you are buying store bought tahini paste, then you will want to double check the label to make sure it is gluten-free.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
- Quick: Before you know it you will have a tasty lemon tahini sauce ready to be used for all sorts of things including dips and spreads. This recipe is flavorful without difficult steps!
- Fresh: All of the fresh herbs and ingredients blend well together and create an appetizing aromatic spread.
- Healthy: This recipe is made with wholesome ingredients and loaded with superfoods such as chia seeds, turmeric, hemp protein, ginger, and more.
INGREDIENTS FOR LEMON HERB TAHINI DRESSING
Organic Tejari Apples + Greens Blend: This nutrient-dense protein powder is a great key ingredient for this tahini spread recipe. The protein powder contains plant-based protein from peas, pumpkin, and hemp which are high in antioxidants and fiber.
Tahini: You can either make your own tahini or use store bought.
Garlic: Fresh garlic cloves are used to give this lemon herb sauce plenty of savoriness.
Lemon: Fresh lemon is used for the zest and juice. Bright citrus makes this dip bold, tangy, and delicious.
Warm Water: Just a little bit of filtered warm water is used to make everything creamier.
Fresh Herbs: You will want organic fresh herbs such as cilantro, parsley, mint, chives, etc.
Cumin: Ground cumin adds a bit of spice and warmth to the recipe.
Salt: Sea salt is used to season the dip to perfection.
Olive Oil: Silky olive oil makes this spread smooth and robust. Feel free to use any kind of vegetable oil such as avocado or grape seed oil.
WHERE CAN I BUY ORGANIC TEJARI BLENDS?
HOW TO MAKE THIS LEMON HERB TAHINI RECIPE
First, combine the organic Tejari Apples + Greens Blend, tahini, crushed garlic cloves, lemon juice and zest, warm water, herbs, cumin, and salt in a blender. Blend for thirty seconds until all of the herbs are chopped smoothly.
Next, slowly add the olive oil to the mixture into the blender while it runs on medium speed. Season to taste with salt and add more tahini if desired.
Serve this tahini recipe as a spread on sandwiches or as your favorite Greek salad dressing.
WHAT DOES LEMON HERB TAHINI TASTE LIKE?
This lemon herb recipe is super creamy from the nutty tahini and bright with bold flavors from the fresh ingredients such as herbs, garlic, and lemon. This tahini dip tastes just like hummus but without the chickpeas!
DOES TAHINI NEED TO BE REFRIGERATED?
Yes, you will want to make sure the tahini is refrigerated to ensure it maintains the fresh flavors.
OTHER RECIPES YOU WILL ENJOY
- Whipped Beet Ricotta Blend
- Vegan Curry Recipe
- Beetroot Hummus Recipe
- Roasted Beets and Carrots Pasta
- Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Organic Apples + Greens Blend
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup packed herbs, chopped (parsley, mint, chives, cilantro, etc.)
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients, besides olive oil, in a high-speed blender. Blend until herbs are fully blended and no chunks remain (about 30 seconds). Next, stream in olive oil while running the blender on a medium speed. Salt to taste and adjust tahini for desired creaminess.
- Use as a spread on sandwiches, as a dip alongside a crudite platter or even as a creamy dressing for your favorite salad.
WHY IS TEJARI ORGANIC?
Our Organic Tejari Blends are made with the cleanest and most pristine ingredients. From organic and wholesome organic pea protein powder to transparent labels you can trust, Organic Tejari Superfood Blends are carried out with the highest standards in place to offer the most genuine experiences you could ever have.
WHY IS THIS TEJARI RECIPE BETTER?
Tejari is low in sugar (it has no added sugar), it has a moderate level of protein, and it also contains fiber. You want to incorporate things like this in your diet as you want nutrient density when you're eating - things to stabilize your blood sugar and keep you full for extended periods of time, and Tejari does that.