What makes these fudgy brownies extra special? Developed by the lovely Kaillee Walters, they're gluten-free, sweetened with medjool dates, protein-packed, and topped with chopped dark chocolate.
- 3 tbsp Tejari Cacao Blend
- 1 cup GF all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup (8-9 large) medjool dates
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add-ins: 1 bar chopped dark chocolate
- Heat your oven to 350F.
- Blend together the olive oil, dates, almond milk and vanilla until incorporated.
- Whisk together the dry and wet ingredients in two separate bowls.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet, folding until just barely combined. There should be no clumps of flour! At this point, add half of your bar of chocolate, saving the other half to put on top.
- Add brownie batter to a square baking pan greased with olive oil, spreading tapping the pan to spread the batter evenly. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chunks.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, depending on your desired level of fudginess.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before slicing into squares and digging in!