A delicious chocolate banana bread recipe with our Tejari Organic Golden Banana Blend studded with cacao nibs. Perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack.
- Butter: Organic unsalted butter at room temperature
- Sugar: This recipe calls for coconut sugar and turbinado sugar (optional, but encouraged!)
- Eggs: Organic farm-fresh
- Tejari Organic Banana Blend: Filled with natural anti-inflammatory properties, potassium, and organic pea protein that are super good for you.
- Baking soda
- Salt: Kosher-friendly sea salt
- Banana: Fresh purée
- Yogurt: Plain, not Greek
- Walnuts: Chopped
- Cacao nibs
WHEY PROTEIN VS. PEA PROTEIN
There are various forms of supplemental protein that people use in their diets. There are two different proteins: pea and whey protein. Pea protein is a plant-based source of protein and strictly vegan.
Whey protein, on the other hand, uses animal products and contains dairy. If you're looking for a plant-based diet that uses eco-friendly ingredients, then stick with pea protein!
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF TURMERIC?
Turmeric is a natural antioxidant, anti-inflammatory agent, and immune booster. Turmeric has been used around the world for several years and is popular in Ayurvedic medicine.
WHERE CAN I BUY ORGANIC TEJARI BLENDS?
WHAT DO YOU DO WITH CACAO NIBS?
You can do a variety of things with cacao nibs! There are so many options from smoothies, ice creams, and cookies to rice pudding, chocolate shakes, and pudding.
CAN YOU MELT CACAO NIBS?
Cacao nibs do not melt well since they do not contain any additional additives.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF CACAO NIBS ARE BAD?
If the cacao nibs have discoloration or visible signs of mold, then they may be bad. Always be sure to check the date before consuming!
ARE CACAO NIBS BAD FOR YOU?
Cacao nibs are loaded with nutrition and fiber. Cacao has also been known to lower stress levels–a win in our books!
Banana & Cacao Nib Bread
- 6oz unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1-3/4 cups coconut sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Tejari Golden Banana Blend
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups pureed banana (about 3 large bananas)
- 1 cup plain yogurt (not Greek)
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a 10” loaf pan with baking spray or butter and a piece of parchment paper that hangs over the sides. Beat butter and sugar until combined but not fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth. In a bowl, whisk together flour, Tejari Golden Banana Blend, baking soda and salt.
- Mix into wet ingredients; beat to combine. Add banana puree and yogurt; mix well. Fold in walnuts. Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with cacao nibs and turbinado sugar for a crunchy crust, if desired. Bake 1 hour & 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Other Recipes You Will Love
- No Sugar Banana Bread
- Chocolate Mousse with Avocado
- Olive Oil Cake with Cardamom
- Carrot Snacking Cake
- Carrot and Coconut Muffins
WHY IS TEJARI ORGANIC?
Our Organic Tejari Blends are made with the cleanest and most pristine ingredients. From organic and wholesome organic pea protein powder to transparent labels you can trust, Organic Tejari Superfood Blends are carried out with the highest standards in place to offer the most genuine experiences you could ever have.
WHY IS THIS TEJARI RECIPE BETTER?
Tejari is low in sugar (it has no added sugar), it has a moderate level of protein, and it also contains fiber. You want to incorporate things like this in your diet as you want nutrient density when you're eating - things to stabilize your blood sugar and keep you full for extended periods of time, and Tejari does that.