SPICED CARROT AND COCONUT VEGAN MUFFINS
Created by Jordan Miller, these indulgent vegan carrot muffins check all the boxes for the perfect breakfast, snack, or dessert—made with applesauce, they’re gluten free, dairy free, nut free, refined sugar free, and most importantly, delicious!
These vegan carrot muffins are insanely delicious and moist all thanks to tender shredded coconut and grated carrots. Flavors of warm vanilla, rich cinnamon and nutmeg, and sweet date syrup come together to create a comforting muffin you can feel good about.
Made with superfoods and plant protein, these muffins are the perfect additions to any breakfast, brunch, lunch, or snack. Whenever you're in need of some extra fuel–make these muffins! Wholesome and made with real ingredients only, you will love this recipe.
- Tejari Organic Beets and Carrot Blend
- Coconut Sugar
- Sorgum Flour
WHERE CAN I BUY ORGANIC TEJARI BLENDS?
You can find our Organic Tejari Superfood Blends here. There are so many yummy options to choose from for your next smoothie and smoothie bowl recipes.
Are you curious about which Organic Tejari Blends are good for you? Take our quiz!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
- 2 tbsp Tejari Organic Beets and Carrot Blend
- 5 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup organic brown coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp organic date syrup
- 5 tbsp organic unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp organic vanilla bean paste
- 1/3 cup finely grated organic carrot
- 2 tbsp organic unsweetened shredded coconut (fine shred)
- 3/4 cup Sorghum flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp organic gluten free flour (Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free baking flour)
- 1 tbsp organic brown coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp organic virgin coconut oil, unmelted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a cupcake pan with 7 cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, combine oat milk and apple cider vinegar and let sit for a few minutes. This will be your vegan buttermilk base.
- In another bowl, combine coconut sugar, date syrup, applesauce, vanilla bean paste, grated carrot, and shredded coconut. Then add the oat milk and vinegar mixture and mix to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine Sorghum flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and Tejari Organic Beets and Carrot Blend.
- Gently fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined. Be careful here not to over-mix.
- Evenly distribute muffin batter in the 7 cupcake tins.
- Next, make the streusel topping. In a small bowl, combine Sorghum flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon and un-melted coconut oil. Using your fingers or a fork, gently combine until a crumble forms.
- Top each muffin with about 1/2 teaspoon streusel mixture.
- Bake muffins for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when testing the batter.