Created by Jordan Miller, these indulgent vegan carrot muffins check all the boxes for the perfect breakfast, snack, or dessert—made with applesauce, they’re gluten free, dairy free, nut free, refined sugar free, and most importantly, delicious!
These vegan carrot muffins are insanely delicious and moist all thanks to tender shredded coconut and grated carrots. Flavors of warm vanilla, rich cinnamon and nutmeg, and sweet date syrup come together to create a comforting muffin you can feel good about.
Made with superfoods and plant protein, these muffins are the perfect additions to any breakfast, brunch, lunch, or snack. Whenever you're in need of some extra fuel–make these muffins! Wholesome and made with real ingredients only, you will love this recipe.
- Tejari Organic Beets and Carrot Blend
- Coconut Sugar
- Sorgum Flour
- Leavening Agents
WHERE CAN I BUY ORGANIC TEJARI BLENDS?
You can find our Organic Tejari Superfood Blends here. There are so many yummy options to choose from for your next smoothie and smoothie bowl recipes.
Are you curious about which Organic Tejari Blends are good for you? Take our quiz!
WHAT INGREDIENT MAKES MUFFINS FLUFFY?
The baking soda and powder are what make these muffins fluffy! You will definitely want to make sure to have those ingredients.
HOW DO YOU GRATE CARROTS FOR MUFFINS?
To grate the carrots, you can either use a box grater or food processor–both have great results!
DO CARROT MUFFINS FREEZE?
Yes! These carrot muffins will freeze well. Just place them in a freezer-safe container or bag and place in the freezer.
IS THIS RECIPE FAMILY FRIENDLY?
Of course! This recipe is perfect for all ages including toddlers, children, and adults. Perfect for anyone looking for a delicious snack!
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cupcake pan with liners.
Next, combine milk and vinegar in a bowl and allow them to sit for a few minutes.
In another bowl, combine coconut sugar, date syrup, applesauce, vanilla, bean paste, carrot, and coconut. Add the milk and mix to combine.
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and Tejari Organic Beets and Carrot Blend.
Next, gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
Evenly transfer the batter among the muffin tin.
Make the streusel topping. Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, and un-melted coconut oil. Gently combine until a crumble forms.
Top each muffin with the streusel mixture. Bake muffins for 20-22 minutes.
What makes a good muffin?
What makes a good muffin is its nutritional value, ingredients, flavor, and texture!
Do carrot muffins need to be refrigerated?
These muffins do not need to be refrigerated! Store these muffins in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to five days.
Why is Tejari Organic?
Our Organic Tejari Blends are made with the cleanest and most pristine ingredients only. From organic and wholesome organic pea protein powder to transparent labels you can trust, Organic Tejari Superfood Blends are carried out with the highest standards in place to offer the most genuine experiences you could ever have.
WHAT OTHER TEJARI RECIPE WOULD COMPLEMENT THESE MUFFINS?
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
- 2 tbsp Tejari Organic Beets and Carrot Blend
- 5 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup organic brown coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp organic date syrup
- 5 tbsp organic unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp organic vanilla bean paste
- 1/3 cup finely grated organic carrot
- 2 tbsp organic unsweetened shredded coconut (fine shred)
- 3/4 cup Sorghum flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp organic gluten free flour (Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free baking flour)
- 1 tbsp organic brown coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp organic virgin coconut oil, unmelted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a cupcake pan with 7 cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, combine oat milk and apple cider vinegar and let sit for a few minutes. This will be your vegan buttermilk base.
- In another bowl, combine coconut sugar, date syrup, applesauce, vanilla bean paste, grated carrot, and shredded coconut. Then add the oat milk and vinegar mixture and mix to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine Sorghum flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and Tejari Organic Beets and Carrot Blend.
- Gently fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined. Be careful here not to over-mix.
- Evenly distribute muffin batter in the 7 cupcake tins.
- Next, make the streusel topping. In a small bowl, combine Sorghum flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon and un-melted coconut oil. Using your fingers or a fork, gently combine until a crumble forms.
- Top each muffin with about 1/2 teaspoon streusel mixture.
- Bake muffins for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when testing the batter.
Shop this organic superfood blend by clicking here for the full serving pouch or sachets (one serving).