This healthy banana bread recipe without butter is refined sugar-free, simple, moist, and super easy to make! Crunchy from nutty walnuts and made with our Tejari Organic Banana Blend it has a comforting harmony of flavors and textures.
Can you think back to your favorite recipes for banana quick breads? You probably have some that you love so dearly, but wow– once you make this healthy, sugar-free, banana loaf without butter, you will be hooked!
Perfectly soft, delectable, with slightly sweet flavors, this simple banana bread with no butter is a perfect recipe for any time you're craving a comforting, healthy breakfast, dessert, or snack. It’s one of the easiest recipes I’ve seen for a healthier banana bread, it will definitely become one of your favorite recipes.
WHY THIS RECIPE IS THE BEST
- This easy banana bread recipe is great with a cup of coffee in the morning, or for a special occasion!
- Potassium from fresh bananas is really good for you, and this is a yummy way to get it!
- Made with simple ingredients are easily accessible, you probably already have them in your pantry.
- It’s a great way to use up those extra bananas that will become a family favorite!
For this healthier classic banana bread you will need just a handful of basic ingredients!
- Organic Flour: We used all-purpose flour, but you could easily use a gluten-free baking flour with xanthan gum added. You could also use whole wheat flour or bread flour for added protein.
- Organic Baking Soda: An essential leavening agent for the flour, we always have some on hand.
- Sea Salt: Your choice of organic Himalayan sea salt or basic Kosher sea salt.
- Tejari Organic Golden Banana Blend: You get the added benefit of natural anti-inflammatory properties, potassium, and organic pea protein that is super good for you.
- Organic Bananas: Make sure your bananas are ripe enough for this bread. They need to be past the all-yellow stage with brown spots, and for best results - mostly black and overripe, for that intense banana flavor and a moist banana bread.
- Olive Oil: As this is a banana bread recipe without butter, we have used olive oil as a substitute. Rather than melted butter you could use any neutral flavored oil for baking, or even unsweetened applesauce.
- Maple Syrup: A natural refined sugar-free alternative to white sugar or brown sugar, we used maple syrup in this recipe for its subtle sweetness.
- Organic Yogurt: Greek yogurt, unsweetened.
- Organic Eggs: Large, we like to get our eggs from the farmers' markets or from farms.
- Vanilla Extract: What is a baking recipe without pure vanilla extract?!
- Add whole nuts like chopped walnuts or pecans into the mixture to alter the texture of the bread and make a banana nut bread, or add on top for decoration.
- Add dark chocolate chips to the bread.
- Coconut oil, sunflower oil, vegetable oil, canola oil, or grapeseed oil would work well in the recipe as a substitute in this banana bread recipe without butter.
- Add a cream cheese frosting for more decadence!
You will have this delicious and simple banana bread ready in no time! The aromas will be dancing throughout your home as you wait with anticipation.
- Preheat oven: First, preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9x5 loaf pan and set it aside.
- Mix dry ingredients: In a medium-sized bowl, whisk all the flour, baking soda, salt, and Tejari Organic Blend with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer.
- Mix wet ingredients: Next, mash bananas and mix the olive oil, maple syrup, yogurt, eggs, and vanilla.
- Combine ingredients: Combine both the wet and dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Transfer and bake: Next, transfer the banana bread batter to the prepared pan. Bake in the oven for 60 minutes. Cool and enjoy.
- Your bananas need to be ripe enough. They need to be past the all-yellow stage, and for best results - mostly black and overripe, for that intense banana flavor.
- Don't over bake the bread or it will be dry. Check on your bread 5-10 minutes before the baking time ends and check the middle with a toothpick. If it comes out clean then your bread is ready, if not, continue to bake.
- When storing banana bread keep some paper towels at the bottom of the container to keep it from getting soggy.
WHY IS MY BANANA LOAF STILL GOOEY IN THE MIDDLE?
If your bread is still soggy in the middle, then most likely the bread is undercooked! To check, simply insert a toothpick or knife into the center of the baked bread. When the toothpick or knife comes out clean it is finished baking.
IS BANANA BREAD REALLY BAD FOR YOU?
Traditionally, a lot of banana bread recipes contain lots of butter, refined sugar, and saturated fat which make the healthy-sounding banana bread dessert actually quite unhealthy! However, since our recipe contains superfoods from Tejari Organic Blends, potassium from fresh bananas, no refined sugar, and olive oil instead of butter, we consider this to be the best banana bread recipe as it’s pretty healthy!
HOW LONG SHOULD YOU LET BANANA BREAD COOL BEFORE CUTTING?
Just let the loaf cool for 10-12 minutes on a wire rack before cutting into slices to avoid excessive crumbling.
HOW SHOULD I STORE BANANA BREAD?
Since refrigerators are known to pull the moisture out of baked goods, we do not recommend placing breads or cakes in the refrigerator. Just keep it in an airtight container at room temperature and it’ll last for 2-3 days! You can freeze this bread in individual slices and only have a little bit at a time. Then, when you want some delicious banana bread, just let a slice defrost at room temperature or lightly toast it!
OTHER RECIPES WITH BANANA AND BANANA BLEND
- Spiced Banana Muffins
- Fluffy Golden Banana Pancakes
- Spinach Blueberry and Banana Muffins
- Banana Golden Milk Latte
- Banana Cacao Muffins Topped with Figs
- Vegan Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Banana and Cacao Nibs Bread
OTHER RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE
- Green Energy Squares
- Healthy No-Bake Cookies
- Orange Olive Oil Cake with Cardamom
- Coconut Macaroons Recipe
- Fruit and Yogurt Bowl
WHERE CAN I BUY ORGANIC TEJARI BLENDS?
You can find our Organic Tejari Superfood Blends here. There are so many yummy options to choose from for your next flavorful recipes. You can find both the small sachets and full-serving bags for Tejari Organic Apples + Greens Blend.
Are you curious about which Organic Tejari Blends are good for you? Take our quiz!
WHY IS TEJARI ORGANIC?
Our Organic Tejari Blends are made with the cleanest and most pristine ingredients and whole foods. From organic and wholesome organic pea protein powder to transparent labels you can trust, Organic Tejari Superfood Blends are carried out with the highest standards in place to offer the most genuine experiences you could ever have.
WHY IS THIS TEJARI RECIPE BETTER?
Tejari is low in sugar (it has no added sugar), it has a moderate level of protein, and it also contains fiber. You want to incorporate things like this in your diet as you want nutrient density when you're eating - things to stabilize your blood sugar levels and keep you full for extended periods of time, and Tejari does that.
FIND AND FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM FOR MORE!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp TEJARI Organic Golden Banana Blend
- 4 large bananas, ripe and smashed
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and oil a 9x5 bread pan and set it aside.
- Whisk all of the dry ingredients into a medium mixing bowl.
- In a large bowl, mash the whole bananas and mix in the remaining wet ingredients.
- Slowly fold in the dry ingredients into the wet until fully combined. Avoid over mixing.
- Transfer the batter into the greased loaf pan and top with walnuts.
- Bake until golden brown for about 60 minutes or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10-12 minutes on a cooling rack before you enjoy!