SUGAR-FREE BANANA BREAD
This healthy, refined sugar-free banana bread recipe is simple, moist, and super easy to make! Crunchy from nutty walnuts and made with our Tejari Organic Banana Blend for a comforting harmony of flavors.
Can you think back to your favorite banana bread recipe? You probably have one that you love so dearly, but wow– once you make this healthy, sugar-free banana bread recipe, you will be hooked.
Perfectly soft, delectable, with slightly sweet flavors, this simple banana bread is a perfect recipe for any time you're craving a comforting breakfast, dessert, or snack.
INGREDIENTS FOR HEALTHY SUGAR-FREE BANANA BREAD
- Organic flour (we used all-purpose flour, but you could easily use a gluten-free baking flour with xanthan gum added)
- Organic baking soda (as essential leavening agent for the flour, we always have some on hand)
- Sea salt (your choice of organic Himalayan sea salt or basic Kosher sea salt)
- Tejari Organic Golden Banana Blend (filled with natural anti-inflammatory properties, potassium, and organic pea protein that is super good for you)
- Organic bananas (make sure your bananas are ripe enough for this bread)
- Olive oil
- Maple syrup (a natural refined sugar-free alternative to cane sugar, we used maple syrup in this recipe for its subtle sweetness)
- Organic yogurt (Greek yogurt, unsweetened)
- Organic eggs (large, we like to get our eggs from the farmers' markets or from farms)
- Vanilla extract (what is a baking recipe without pure vanilla extract?!)
WHEY PROTEIN VS. PEA PROTEIN
There are various forms of supplemental protein that people use in their diets. There are two different proteins: pea and whey protein. Pea protein is a plant-based source of protein and strictly vegan.
Whey protein, on the other hand, uses animal products and contains dairy. If you're looking for a plant-based diet that uses eco-friendly ingredients, then stick with pea protein!
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF TURMERIC?
Turmeric is a natural antioxidant, anti-inflammatory agent, and immune booster. Turmeric has been used around the world for several years and is popular in Ayurvedic medicine.
HOW TO MAKE THIS HEALTHY SUGAR-FREE BANANA BREAD RECIPE
You will have delicious and simple banana bread ready in no time! The aromas of this classic banana bread will be dancing throughout your home as you wait with anticipation.
- Preheat oven: First, preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9x5 loaf pan and set it aside.
- Mix dry ingredients: In a medium-sized bowl, whisk all the flour, baking soda, salt, and Tejari Organic Blend.
- Mix wet ingredients: Next, mash the bananas and mix the olive oil, maple syrup, yogurt, eggs, and vanilla.
- Combine: Combine both the wet and dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Transfer & bake: Next, transfer the bread batter to the prepared pan. Bake in the oven for 60 minutes. Cool and enjoy.
TIPS FOR THIS RECIPE
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container for up to five days.
- Don't over bake the bread or it will be dry!
- For a nut-free version, simply omit the walnuts.
WHY IS MY BANANA LOAF SOGGY?
If you're bread is soggy, then it's possible that the bread is undercooked! To check, simply insert a toothpick or knife into the center of the baked bread. If the toothpick or knife comes out clean, then it is finished baking!
IS BANANA BREAD REALLY BAD FOR YOU?
We don't think so! Since this recipe contains superfoods from Tejari Organic Blends, potassium from fresh bananas, and no refined sugar, we consider this recipe pretty healthy!
HOW LONG SHOULD YOU LET BANANA BREAD COOL BEFORE CUTTING?
Just let the loaf cool for 10-12 minutes on a wire rack before cutting into slices.
SHOULD I REFRIGERATE BANANA BREAD?
Since refrigerators are known to pull the moisture out of baked goods, we do not recommend placing breads or cakes in the refrigerator. Just keep it in an airtight container at room temperature!
WHY IS THIS TEJARI RECIPE BETTER?
WHY IS TEJARI ORGANIC?
OTHER RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp TEJARI Organic Golden Banana Blend
- 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chopped walnuts
- Optional - dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and oil a 9x5 loaf pan and set it aside.
- Whisk all of the dry ingredients into a medium bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas and mix in the remaining wet ingredients.
- Slowly fold in the dry ingredients into the wet until fully combined. Avoid over mixing.
- Transfer the batter into the oiled loaf pan and top with walnuts.
- Bake until golden brown for about 60 minutes or until a cake tester inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10-12 minutes on a cooling rack before you enjoy!
At Tejari, we believe great-tasting food doesn’t have to be overly complex. That’s why we strategically source organic, clean, anti-inflammatory ingredients to use in our products. We believe what you eat not only contributes to physical strength and wellness, but also supports mental health, too.