CHOCOLATE MOUSSE WITH AVOCADO BY LILY GLASS
Want to feel good about what you're eating? You're going to really enjoy this recipe: it's loaded with omega-3s, healthy fats, protein, and rich chocolate and cacao flavors from our Tejari Organic Cacao Blend.
Who doesn't like eating a fancy chocolate mousse? Even the kids will love this flavorful chocolate mousse with avocado.
We spoke with Lily Glass, LA-based photographer and close friend to Tejari, to learn which recipe she and her family have been loving lately. Keep reading to learn about Lily's go-to family dessert that is sure to satisfy and nourish your next late night craving—recipe included!
INGREDIENTS FOR CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- Avocados - You will want your avocados to be soft, but not overly ripe. Avocados are nutrient-dense and packed with benefits for the skin and body. Shop organic if you can.
- Tejari Organic Cacao Blend - A natural aid in digestion, antioxidants, protein, fiber, and so much more, our Tejari Organic Cacao Blend is a powerhouse filled with superfoods you can feel good about.
- Sweetener - To keep this recipe vegan, you can use agave or maple syrup.
- Organic Chocolate - Your choice of ethically-traded chocolate. For a vegan option: use dark chocolate. You can use either chocolate chips or an entire chocolate bar.
- Milk - We used oat milk for this recipe. You can simply make your own oat milk or buy some from your local market. Feel free to use any other plant-based milk such as flax, hemp, almond, coconut, etc.
- Sea salt flakes
- Chocolate shavings
- Homemade whipped cream - Feel free to make a vegan whipped cream by using canned coconut milk.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CACAO?
Cacao contains flavonoids which are compromised of antioxidants and immune-boosting properties. Not only is cacao good for your body, but people consume cacao as a stress-reliever and way to relax.
WHERE CAN I BUY ORGANIC TEJARI BLENDS?
You can find our Organic Tejari Superfood Blends here. There are so many yummy options to choose from for your next smoothie and smoothie bowl recipes.
Are you curious about which Organic Tejari Blends are good for you? Take our quiz!
WHAT ARE AVOCADO BENEFITS?
Avocados are packed with all sorts of nutrients and vitamins such as folate, omega-3s, vitamin C, vitamin B, and so much more.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE AT HOME
- BLEND: First, blend all the ingredients in a blender. Then, chill in the refrigerator.
OPTIONAL: Top with homemade whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and sea salt flakes.
- Make sure the avocados are ripe enough.
- Store in the leftovers in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- Keep it sugar-free by omitting the sweetener.
IS CHOCOLATE MOUSSE GLUTEN FREE?
This chocolate mousse with avocado is absolutely gluten-free! Feel good about indulging in this wholesome chocolate recipe.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH CHOCOLATE MOUSSE?
Our close friend, Lily, shares a go-to easy and delicious recipe that we think you'll love.
- 2 avocados (soft but not overly ripe)
- 3 tablespoons Tejari Organic Cacao Blend
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave
- 2 tablespoons melted milk or dark chocolate
- 1/2-3/4 cup oat milk (start with half and add more if needed)
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor and chill for 2-4 hours.
- For a real show stopper, we like to top with homemade whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and sea salt flakes!
At Tejari, we believe great-tasting food doesn’t have to be overly complex. That’s why we strategically source organic, clean, anti-inflammatory ingredients to use in our products. We believe what you eat not only contributes to physical strength and wellness, but also supports mental health, too.