You're going to love this healthy carrot snacking cake! One bowl, one pan, one layer—a gluten-free and dairy-free cake that’s easy to make and very easy to indulge in! Perfectly moist and packed with nutrients.
Did someone say warm, soft, healthy, and incredibly scrumptious carrot snacking cake? This healthy carrot snack cake is loaded with superfoods and wholesome ingredients you can feel good about.
INGREDIENTS FOR CARROT SNACKING CAKE
- Tejari Organic Beets + Carrots Blend (rich in fiber and natural minerals, this organic protein blend features amazing superfoods such as reishi, turmeric, and non-GMO pea protein that is eco-friendly)
- Oil (milk olive oil)
- Milk (almond milk or any type of dairy-free milk)
- Coconut Sugar (for the cake and frosting)
- Baking soda + baking powder
- Cinnamon (ground)
- Carrots (freshly shredded)
- Raisins (golden)
- Dairy-free cream cheese
BENEFITS OF REISHIThis superfood fungi is known for its medicinal benefits for the human body. Reishi mushrooms are known to properly regulate glucose levels of the body, support a healthy immune system, and a variety of other beneficial attributes that are great for the body.
HOW DOES REISHI MAKE YOU FEEL?Studies have shown that reishi mushrooms have a significant effect on the levels of anxiety and depression. When you ingest reishi mushrooms, you are nourishing your body.
WHERE CAN I BUY ORGANIC TEJARI BLENDS?
You can find our Organic Tejari Superfood Blends here. There are so many yummy options to choose from for your next smoothie and smoothie bowl recipes.
Are you curious about which Organic Tejari Blends are good for you? Take our quiz!
HOW TO MAKE THIS HEALTHY CARROT SNACKING CAKE
Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Next, in a bowl, whisk eggs and olive oil together. Add almond milk, vanilla, coconut sugar, and salt and whisk until smooth.
Sift flour, Tejari Organic Beets + Carrots Blend, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
Using a rubber spatula, gently stir together until no clumps remain, then fold in the shredded carrots and raisins.
Pour batter into lined pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
Next, let the cake cool for 15 minutes, then remove it from the pan.Make the frosting. Blend the coconut sugar in a food processor or blender until finely ground.
Beat the softened cream cheese until smooth, then add in the blended coconut sugar, almond milk, and vanilla. Mix everything until combined.
Once the cake has cooled, frost the cake with the frosting.
Yield: 1, 8x8 cake
¼ cup Tejari Organic Beets + Carrots Blend
2 large eggs
½ cup mild olive oil
¼ cup almond milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ cup coconut sugar
¼ teaspoon fine salt
1 ¼ cup gluten-free flour blend or almond flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 ½ cups shredded carrots
¾ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 8 oz dairy-free cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp almond milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 and line an 8x8” baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and olive oil together to combine. Add almond milk, vanilla, coconut sugar, and salt and whisk until smooth.
- Into the same bowl, sift flour, Tejari Organic Beets + Carrots Blend, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently stir together until no clumps remain then fold in shredded carrots and raisins.
- Pour batter into lined pan and bake for 35-40 minutes. To test doneness, insert a toothpick in the center and remove cake from oven when it comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes then remove cake from pan and cool completely.
- While cake cools, make the frosting. Add the coconut sugar to a food processor or blender and process until a powder-like consistency is achieved.
- By hand or in a mixer, beat softened dairy-free cream cheese until smooth then add in blended coconut sugar, almond milk and vanilla. Mix everything together until you have a smooth, spreadable frosting.
- Wait for your cake to cool completely then swirl on frosting, slice into squares, and snack away! Leftover cake can be saved for future snacking in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Shop this organic superfood blend by clicking here for the full serving pouch or sachets (one serving).