INGREDIENTS FOR GLUTEN-FREE COCONUT MACAROONS RECIPE
For these oh-so-satisfying easy macaroons, you will need just a handful of organic and wholesome ingredients:
- Egg whites (for the meringue. Be careful not to over beat the egg whites!)
- Vanilla extract (pure and organic vanilla extract is preferred)
- Coconut sugar (a refined sugar-free alternative to cane sugar. Feel free to substitute with Monkfruit Sweetener, Swerve, or any other type of granulated sugar alternative)
- Salt (Kosher sea salt for quality flavors)
- Tejari Organic Golden Banana Blend (our blends do not contain any cane sugar, artificial sweeteners, or fillers. Tejari Blends are filled with whole ingredients, only, and eco-friendly plant-based protein).
- Shredded coconut (preferably unsweetened, but either will do)
WHERE CAN I BUY ORGANIC TEJARI BLENDS?
You can find our Organic Tejari Superfood Blends here. There are so many yummy options to choose from for your next smoothie and smoothie bowl recipes.
Are you curious about which Organic Tejari Blends are good for you? Take our quiz!
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF TURMERIC IN THIS RECIPE?
WHAT IS PEA PROTEIN?
Pea protein is a plant-based alternative to animal protein that will have your body feeling energized and clean. A sustainable alternative to whey-based products, pea protein is a cleaner vegan option for those who may not want to incorporate animal products into your diet, but still get a boost of protein.
WHY IS CINNAMON GOOD FOR YOU?
Cinnamon is known for its cardiovascular benefits in addition to being a natural antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory ingredient.
HOW TO MAKE COCONUT MACAROONS FROM SCRATCH
This easy coconut macaroon recipe is simple to prepare just like cookies, but without all the extra work!
- PREHEAT OVEN: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- EGG WHITES: Next, place the egg whites, vanilla extract, sugar, and salt into a bowl and beat until frothy.
- COMBINE: After that, add Tejari Organic Golden Banana Blend and the coconut to the bowl. Next, gently fold the ingredients together until blended. Set aside.
- SCOOP: With a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop batter into mounds onto the lined sheet pan.
- BAKE: Bake the coconut macaroons for 18-20 minutes.
- Make sure the egg whites are at room temperature and not over beaten or the meringue will not properly form. Also, be sure to not transfer any yolks into the egg whites.
- Bake the macaroons until lightly browned around the edges.
- Place the batter in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to thicken it up a bit.
- Store them in the freezer to keep them super fresh, and then let them thaw before enjoying.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for three days.
WHY IS TEJARI ORGANIC?
Our allergy-friendly Organic Tejari Blends are made with the cleanest and most pristine ingredients. From organic and wholesome organic pea protein powder to transparent labels you can trust, Organic Tejari Superfood Blends are carried out with the highest standards in place to offer the most genuine experiences you could ever have.
IS THIS KID-FRIENDLY?
This recipe is definitely family-friendly! These gluten free macaroons are perfect for anyone of all ages including toddlers who could benefit from a wholesome protein-based snack.
WHAT OTHER TEJARI RECIPE WOULD COMPLEMENT THIS EASY COCONUT MACAROON RECIPE?
OTHER RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup Tejari Organic Golden Banana Blend
- 1 ¾ cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place egg whites, vanilla extract, coconut sugar and salt into a bowl and beat until frothy.
- Add Tejari Organic Golden Banana Blend and shredded coconut and gently fold together using a rubber spatula until well blended, then set mixture aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, place mounds with about 2 tbsp of batter onto the lined sheet pan, spaced 1 inch apart.
- Bake until you can see some browning along the bottom edges, 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool and store in an air tight container at room temp for up to 3 days.