INGREDIENTS FOR HOMEMADE JAM
For this recipe, all you need is just a handful of simple ingredients! This recipe doesn't call for much which is why we love it so much. You can get most of these items at your local grocery store.
- Strawberries (freshly sliced strawberries)
- Dates (pitted and quartered)
- Coconut Sugar (a healthy alternative to refined sugar)
- Tejari Organic Beets and Carrots Blend (rich in beta carotene, plant-based protein, red reishi, and other vital organic nutrients and superfoods)
- Lemon juice (one)
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BEETS?
Benefits are loaded with vitamin C, fiber, and other key nutrients such as potassium and iron. Beets are also high in antioxidants which are great for detoxifying the body!
IS COCONUT SUGAR BETTER THAN SUGAR?
Yes! Since regular sugar is highly processed and bleached, we prefer a healthier alternative such as coconut sugar. Coconut sugar is not as sweet and is less processed.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF EATING DATES?
Dates are naturally high in fiber, iron, and other essential nutrients. Naturally sweetened, dates are the perfect option if you're wanting to sweeten up your recipe.
WHERE CAN I BUY ORGANIC TEJARI BLENDS?
HOW DO YOU MAKE HEALTHY STRAWBERRY JAM?
It just takes a few simple steps to create this healthy beet and strawberry jam recipe. We love to make a big batch of this healthy jam whenever to last us through the week!
For the full steps and recipe, scroll down to the bottom of the page.
First, preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Wash and quarter the strawberries.
In a baking dish, toss together the dates, strawberries, and coconut sugar. Next, place in the oven and roast the strawberries for about 90 minutes.
- Make sure to hull the strawberries after you wash them.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for one week.
- If you don't have coconut sugar, then use your natural sweetener of choice.
- For a smoother consistency, blend the jam with an immersion blender.
IS HOMEMADE JAM HEALTHY?
We think so! Homemade jam doesn't contain all of the artificial ingredients and sugar like store jams do plus we added our high-quality superfood protein powder to this jam.
HOW DO YOU THICKEN JAM NATURALLY?
To thicken jam, you would just not mash the strawberries all the way. Leave chunks of strawberries in the jam if you prefer.
WHY IS TEJARI ORGANIC?
IS THIS FAMILY FRIENDLY?
Yield: 3 cups
- 3 tablespoons Tejari Organic Beets + Carrots Blend
- 2 pounds ripe strawberries
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted & quartered
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Wash, hull, and quarter your strawberries.
- Toss together the strawberries, dates and coconut sugar in a glass baking dish.
- Place in oven and roast, stirring occasionally, until juices turn to a thick syrup and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 90 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a heat proof bowl. Mash with a fork to blend and break up any large pieces. Stir in lemon juice and Tejari Organic Beets + Carrots Blend.
- Once cool, jam can be stored in a tightly sealed jar in the fridge for up to 1 week. Enjoy on toast, yogurt, or in a delicious nut-butter sandwich!