VEGAN RASPBERRY AND BEET PROTEIN OAT BARS
These gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, refined sugar-free, vegan, and protein oat bars will be a hit with the entire family. Serve it up for breakfast, a 2PM snack, or sneak a couple for dessert (we won’t tell).
These protein oat bars are loaded with tart flavors and are exceptionally chewy! Sweet and baked to perfection, these superfood treats are perfect for whenever you're needing something a little extra sweet.
Nutrient-dense and made with fresh beets and raspberries, these fruity bars will make an everlasting impression on your heart. Serve this protein bar recipe for children's lunchboxes, camping and hiking trips, and any other occasion you can think of.
INGREDIENTS FOR PROTEIN OAT BARS
- Oats (keep this recipe gluten-free by using organic gluten-free oats.)
- Flour (we used Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten-free baking powder)
- Sugar: (coconut sugar)
- Coconut Oil (in the solid state)
- Beets (pre-cooked and finely diced)
- Raspberries (fresh or frozen organic raspberries)
- Date Syrup (organic; feel free use any type of liquid sweetener here)
- Vanilla Extract
- Tejari Organic Beet and Carrot Blend (rich in beta carotene, plant-based protein, red reishi, and other vital organic nutrients and superfoods)
Lemon (juice of)
ARE OAT SNACKS HEALTHY?
We think so! Organic oats are full of minerals and fiber that are great for energizing the body. Oats are great if you're looking for something to keep you full and satisfied!
BEET POWDER BENEFITS
Beet is commonly used as an anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, can can be an aid for hypertension–it has many uses! Rich in nutrients and phytochemical compounds that are beneficial, beetroot powder is commonly used as a supplement and in smoothies for extra nutrient-dense characteristics.
WHAT DOES BEET POWDER DO FOR YOU?
Beets are rich in calcium, potassium, magnesium, fiber, and other vitamins your could benefit from. Beets give you a natural boost of energy, and putting beet powder is your smoothies or baked goods is a great way to squeeze in some extra nutrition.
WHERE CAN I BUY ORGANIC TEJARI BLENDS?
ARE OATMEAL BARS GOOD FOR YOU?
These are! Vegan and gluten-free, these snacks are nutrient-dense and filled with so much plant protein! These bars are filled with antioxidants and fiber.
OTHER RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE
- Carrot Snacking Cake
- Healthy Strawberry and Beet Jam
- Frozen Açai Bites
- No-Bake Cookies
- Beetroot Smoothie
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN OAT BARS
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
- 3 tablespoons Tejari Organic Beet and Carrot Blend
- 5 cups organic gluten free oats
- 1 cup gluten free flour (Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free baking flour)
- ⅔ cup organic brown coconut sugar
- ½ cup organic virgin coconut oil, unmelted
- ½ cup pre-cooked organic beets, finely diced
- 5 cups frozen or fresh organic raspberries
- 3 tablespoons organic date syrup
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- Juice of half a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine gluten free oats, gluten free flour, coconut sugar and coconut oil in a bowl. Do not melt coconut oil - you want solidified coconut oil to mimic butter to create a crumble. Using your hands, mix the ingredients together until well combined and crumbles form.
- Evenly press 2/3 of the crumble mixture into the parchment paper-lined baking pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes, just until very lightly golden.
- While the crust bakes, make your raspberry and beet filling. First, very finely dice the beets.
- In a small pot, combine beets, raspberries, date syrup and vanilla extract. Cook on medium heat until fruit comes to a boil and starts to break down. Stir constantly, and lightly crush raspberries with the back of a spoon.
- Once filling comes to a boil, reduce heat to low and add in Tejari Organic Beet and Carrot Blend and juice of half a lemon. Continue to stir until the filling has thickened.
- Poor filling over cooled crust and level with a spatula. Top with more crumble and then bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the jam is slightly bubbly and the top crumble is slightly browned.
- Let the oat bars completely cool on the counter top, then cover with aluminum foil and transfer to the fridge. Keep the bars in the fridge for at least 30 minutes prior to serving so they are firm and stay together when cut.
WHY IS TEJARI ORGANIC?
Our Organic Tejari Blends are made with the cleanest and most pristine ingredients. From organic and wholesome organic pea protein powder to transparent labels you can trust, Organic Tejari Superfood Blends are carried out with the highest standards in place to offer the most genuine experiences you could ever have.
WHY IS THIS TEJARI RECIPE BETTER?
Tejari is low in sugar (it has no added sugar), it has a moderate level of protein, and it also contains fiber. You want to incorporate things like this in your diet as you want nutrient density when you're eating - things to stabilize your blood sugar and keep you full for extended periods of time, and Tejari does that.