RASPBERRY AND BEET OAT BARS
These gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, and refined sugar-free oat bars will be a hit with the entire family. Serve it up for breakfast, a 2PM snack, or sneak a couple for dessert (we won’t tell).
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
- 3 tbsp Tejari Organic Beet and Carrot Blend
- 5 cups organic gluten free oats
- 1 cup gluten free flour (Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free baking flour)
- 2/3 cup organic brown coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup organic virgin coconut oil, unmelted
- 1/2 cup pre-cooked organic beets, finely diced
- 5 cups frozen or fresh organic raspberries
- 3 tbsp organic date syrup
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- Juice of half a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine gluten free oats, gluten free flour, coconut sugar and coconut oil in a bowl. Do not melt coconut oil - you want solidified coconut oil to mimic butter to create a crumble. Using your hands, mix the ingredients together until well combined and crumbles form.
- Evenly press 2/3 of the crumble mixture into the parchment paper-lined baking pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes, just until very lightly golden.
- While the crust bakes, make your raspberry and beet filling. First, very finely dice the beets.
- In a small pot, combine beets, raspberries, date syrup and vanilla extract. Cook on medium heat until fruit comes to a boil and starts to break down. Stir constantly, and lightly crush raspberries with the back of a spoon.
- Once filling comes to a boil, reduce heat to low and add in Tejari Organic Beet and Carrot Blend and juice of half a lemon. Continue to stir until the filling has thickened.
- Poor filling over cooled crust and level with a spatula. Top with more crumble and then bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the jam is slightly bubbly and the top crumble is slightly browned.
- Let the oat bars completely cool on the counter top, then cover with aluminum foil and transfer to the fridge. Keep the bars in the fridge for at least 30 minutes prior to serving so they are firm and stay together when cut.