This savory vegan labne is drained and lightly salted Greek yogurt that’s best described as tangy, thick and creamy. Serve it Middle Eastern-style as a dip for an appetizer or simply use it in place of cream cheese–you will love the delicious flavors of garlic and lemon.
LABNEH WITH GARLIC
Have you ever wanted a "healthier" version of cream cheese? This homemade labne is exactly what you could ever hope for in a savory creamy dip that is fluffy and delicious.
Jam-packed with fresh kale leaves, garlic, and lime, this labneh dip recipe is loaded with nutrients and even protein thanks to our Tejari Organic Apples + Greens Blend.
Serve this labne on toast, bagels, tortillas for extra flavor and texture and simply dip your favorite crispy veggies, crackers, or chips into the dip.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
- Easy: This labne is super simple to make. The hardest part is straining the yogurt which is easy in itself! Once the yogurt has strained, then this recipe comes together within minutes.
- Filled with Fresh Flavors: Aromatic ingredients are blended into a perfect consistency to deliver the freshest flavors possible.
- Versatile: We love this recipe because it is great for all types of things such as sandwiches, toasts, dipping sauces, and more.
- Healthy: We like to use this spread in place of cream cheese whenever we are wanting something a little more nutritious + fiber rich. It's also rich in plant-based protein!
LABNEH VS CREAM CHEESE
Although slightly similar, labneh is easier to spread on different foods because it is a little thinner than cream cheese. Labneh is a little healthier, too, since it doesn't have as many calories or carbohydrates.
Greek Yogurt: Make sure to find a good rich Greek yogurt for this recipe. Give yourself plenty of time to strain the yogurt.
Kale: Fresh kale is boiled until tender and blended into a purée to fold within the creamy labne.
Garlic: Garlic cloves give this recipe delicious bold flavors that are savory and satisfying.
Lime: Both the juice and zest of a whole lime is used for a bold citrus flavor.
Tejari Organic Apples + Greens Blend: Our protein powder is curated with powerful superfoods such as turmeric, hemp seeds, spinach, and ginger more to provide yummy flavors that are both tasty and nutritious.
Salt and Pepper: A simple blend of salt and pepper gives this labneh with garlic just enough flavor!
Walnut Chili Oil
Oil: Any kind of vegetable oil will work.
Walnuts: Chop up the walnuts small enough to where they can be eaten and sprinkled over the labne.
Pumpkin Seeds: Be sure to chop up the pumpkin seeds!
Sesame Seeds: Both white and black sesame seeds are needed.
Chili Flakes: These chili flakes add that comforting warm spice to the oil blend.
HOW TO MAKE THIS SAVORY LABNE
STRAIN THE YOGURT
First, drain the Greek yogurt by using a cheesecloth or sieve. Both options are easy, but if you do not have a cheesecloth, then you can use a sieve.
If using a sieve, then add the sieve to the top of a bowl. Create an extra thick coffee filter by placing one filter inside the other to create a double filter.
Place the filters in the sieve, then add the yogurt to the double filter. Allow the yogurt to drip in the bowl in the refrigerator for at least six hours or overnight.
Next, drain the yogurt and make sure to squeeze out an excess water from the yogurt.
COOK KALE AND BLEND
Boil some water in a pot over medium heat, then add the fresh kale. Boil the kale for five minutes, then remove it from the heat.
Place the kale and some of the water it cooked in into a blender and blend until smooth.
Place the kale purée into a saucepan over medium heat and cook the mixture until the liquid has evaporated. The consistency will be like a paste.
Allow the kale to cool, then add the garlic, lime juice and zest, Tejari Organic Apples + Greens Blend, salt, and pepper to a food processor. Process the ingredients until smooth.
MAKE THE WALNUT CHILI OIL
In a small bowl, add chopped walnuts, pumpkin seeds, black and white sesame seeds, and red chili flakes. Pour hot vegetable oil over the seeds and allow it to soak for fifteen minutes.
WHERE CAN I BUY ORGANIC TEJARI BLENDS?
OTHER RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE
- Winter Sage Squash and Flatbread with Goat Cheese
- Vegan Pumpkin Soup
- Easy Tomato and Beetroots Salad
- Seedy Oat Crackers
- Whipped Beet Ricotta Blend
WHAT YOU NEED
- To drain the yogurt, use a cheesecloth. If you don’t have one, do the following: Add a sieve on top of a bowl. Line two coffee filters (so you end up with one double-lined coffee filter). Add the filter on top of the sieve and add your yogurt to the coffee filter. Let the yogurt drain in the fridge for at least 6 hours (preferably overnight).
- After draining, make sure to squeeze out excess water.
- Add kale to boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Add the kale plus some of the water to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Add the kale puree to a pot and cook until all the water has evaporated.
- Let the kale cool and then add all your ingredients to a food processor. Puree until smooth.
- To make the walnut chili oil, add chopped walnuts, pumpkin seeds, white and black sesame seeds and chili flakes to a bowl.
- Add hot oil and let it sit for 15 minutes.
WHY IS TEJARI ORGANIC?
Our Organic Tejari Blends are made with the cleanest and most pristine ingredients. From organic and wholesome organic pea protein powder to transparent labels you can trust, Organic Tejari Superfood Blends are carried out with the highest standards in place to offer the most genuine experiences you could ever have.
WHY IS THIS TEJARI RECIPE BETTER?
Tejari is low in sugar (it has no added sugar), it has a moderate level of protein, and it also contains fiber. You want to incorporate things like this in your diet as you want nutrient density when you're eating - things to stabilize your blood sugar and keep you full for extended periods of time, and Tejari does that.