Ready to elevate your everyday simple smoothie? Just add vegan cold foam! This treat for your tastebuds is loaded in antioxidant-rich leafy greens, healthy fat, potassium, protein and a hint of sweetness.
Dive into the sweet vanilla flavors of coconut, banana, apple, spinach, and more powerhouse ingredients that are filled in this simple green smoothie recipe.
This easy apple smoothie is extra incredible because we've created a tasty and frothy vegan cold foam recipe to top it off with. Serve this wonderful treat for breakfast, post-workout snacks, or whenever you need to cool down with a fruit and veggie smoothie.
IS A GREEN SMOOTHIE ENOUGH FOR BREAKFAST?
That depends on how hungry you are! For some people, this green smoothie may be enough due to the protein content derived from plant-based ingredients such as pea protein, chia seeds, organic hemp seed protein, and organic pumpkin protein.
If you would like to pair something else with your smoothie, then check out some of our favorite breakfast recipes such as vanilla maple chunky yogurt, cardamom vanilla chia pudding, and fluffy vanilla brioche french toast–yum!
WHY THIS SPINACH APPLE BANANA GREEN SMOOTHIE IS THE BEST
- Healthy: This simple smoothie is rich with fiber, antioxidants, iron, healthy plant protein, potassium, vitamins, and more for a superfood breakfast or snack.
- Quick and Easy: This smoothie is ready in ten minutes or less and great for whenever you're heading out the door and need something filling on the go. The cold foam recipe is super simple and fast to make, too!
- Easy to Customize: Add or reduce any ingredient! We highly recommend making this smoothie as the recipe states, but we understand substitutions happen! Use various milks, fruit, veggies, etc.
- Vegan: This smoothie is naturally vegan and loaded with natural plant proteins! The perfect option for those out there looking for a dairy-free smoothie.
- Kid-Friendly: Even the kids can enjoy this smoothie! Adjust the sweetness with dates to make it as sweet as you need to.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS FRUIT AND VEGGIE SMOOTHIE
Organic Avocado: Be sure to use a gently soft but firm avocado for this smoothie to get the most nutrients in addition to peeling the avocado flesh from the peel as closely as you can.
Organic Banana: You can use either frozen or fresh banana for this recipe. If using a fresh banana, then you will want to be sure it is ripened and soft for experience its sweetness and benefits.
Organic Spinach: Fresh spinach leaves are rich in iron, naturally anti-inflammatory, encourages a healthy cardiovascular system, and are accompanied by various other benefits and nutrients.
Chia Seeds: High in protein and omega-3s, chia seeds are great for supplying an energy boost before a run or whenever you need to be recharged.
Tejari Organic Apples + Greens Blend: This vegan, organic, protein blend is rich in iron and natural minerals, superfoods, high-fiber apples, iron-rich leafy greens, and so much more. Way more than your average protein powder!
Vanilla Extract: Rich vanilla extract is used to make this smoothie even more satisfying!
Coconut Milk: Creamy coconut milk provides a nutty twist to this super green smoothie and can be either the canned or boxed coconut milk.
Water: Purified water is used to thin the smoothie out a bit so it is easy to sip!
Optional: Dates are used for natural sweetness. You can use any other type of natural sweetener in place of the dates.
IS AVOCADO AND SPINACH GOOD FOR YOU?
Yes, as long are there are not any known allergies and adverse effects from these two foods! Avocados are rich in healthy fats, Vitamin Bs, and potassium. Spinach is an immune-boosting leafy green that is also rich in magnesium and potassium and is known to be great for skin, hair, and bone health.
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE WITH COCONUT COLD FOAM
First, place the peeled and chopped avocado, half of the banana, cup of spinach, tablespoon of chia seeds, Tejari Organic Apples + Greens Blend, vanilla extract, water, and the chopped and pitted dates if you are using them in a blender.
BLEND AND MAKE THE FOAM
Blend the ingredients together until fully puréed and creamy smooth. Meanwhile, make the vegan cold foam by vigorously whisking the coconut milk with two teaspoons of Tejari Apples + Greens Blend in a small bowl.
Give this smoothie extra love and cheer by drawing hearts on the foam: Save a portion of the green smoothie and pour small dollops of the smoothie on top of the cold foam.
Create hearts by using a butterknife to draw heart shapes into the smoothie dollops. Enjoy!
- Use any kind of dairy-free milk such as cashew, oat, or almond.
- Other types of natural sweeteners include maple syrup, monk fruit sweetener, or some type of fruit juice.
- Substitute the spinach for fresh kale leaves.
- Feel free to add additional fruit such as apples, kiwi, berries, mango, etc.
- Add extra protein to the smoothie by adding nut butters such as almond, peanut, pistachio, or cashew.
We recommend enjoying this smoothie right away to have the best flavors. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for one day.
You may need to blend the smoothie again with extra milk or water before serving the leftovers.
WHERE CAN I BUY ORGANIC TEJARI BLENDS?
OTHER RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE
- Healthy Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
- Beetroot Smoothie
- Clean Green Latte
- Recipe for Kale Juice
- Green Latte Matcha
WHAT YOU NEED
- ¼ avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
1 cup spinach
1 tablespoon chia seeds
2 tablespoons, plus 2 teaspoons Tejari Organic Apples + Greens Blend, divided
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
⅓ cup coconut milk
Optional: 1-2 dates for sweetness
- To make your smoothie, blend together avocado, banana, spinach, chia seeds, 2 tbsp Tejari Apples + Greens Blend, vanilla extract, water and optional dates.
- To make the cold foam, whisk your coconut milk with 2 tsp Tejari Apples + Greens Blend.
- To make the hearts on the foam, reserve some of the smoothie, and add 1/2 tsp dollops, making the hearts using a butter knife.
WHY IS TEJARI ORGANIC?
Our Organic Tejari Blends are made with the cleanest and most pristine ingredients. From organic and wholesome organic pea protein powder to transparent labels you can trust, Organic Tejari Superfood Blends are carried out with the highest standards in place to offer the most genuine experiences you could ever have.
WHY IS THIS TEJARI RECIPE BETTER?
Tejari is low in sugar (it has no added sugar), it has a moderate level of protein, and it also contains fiber. You want to incorporate things like this in your diet as you want nutrient density when you're eating - things to stabilize your blood sugar and keep you full for extended periods of time, and Tejari does that.