This vibrant and super tasty beetroot hummus recipe will surely brighten up your table! Vegan and super easy to make, this yummy snack is the perfect pick-me-up!
This beetroot dip recipe couldn't be any tastier! Perfectly nutritious and jam-packed with protein, this beetroot hummus recipe is perfect as a snack, appetizer, lunch, or meal prep option!
For a quick version, you can use pre-roasted packaged beets from the grocery store, but roasting one yourself will get you a brighter pink color and more depth of flavor.
INGREDIENTS FOR BEETROOT DIP
These are just some key ingredients for this wonderful hummus. To get the full ingredients list, be sure to scroll down further!
- Beet: Roast one organic beet from the local market or buy pre-packaged cooked beets that can be found at most grocery stores.
- Chickpeas: We like to use canned chickpeas, but if you have dried chickpeas, then you can use those. Just be sure to soak and cook them appropriately!
- Tejari Organic Beets + Carrots Blend: Rich in fiber and natural minerals, this organic protein blend features amazing superfoods such as reishi, turmeric, and non-GMO pea protein that is eco-friendly. Trust us, your body will thank you!)
- Tahini: We usually keep a jar of tahini in our pantries at all times in case the craving for hummus hits! Tahini is a smooth paste made from ground sesame seeds and is commonly used in an array of Greek foods.
BEET POWDER BENEFITS
Beet is commonly used as an anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, can can be an aid for hypertension–it has many uses! Rich in nutrients and phytochemical compounds that are beneficial, beetroot powder is commonly used as a supplement and in smoothies for extra nutrient-dense characteristics.
WHAT DOES BEET POWDER DO FOR YOU?
Beets are rich in calcium, potassium, magnesium, fiber, and other vitamins your could benefit from. Beets give you a natural boost of energy, and putting beet powder is your smoothies or baked goods is a great way to squeeze in some extra nutrition.
WHERE CAN I BUY ORGANIC TEJARI BLENDS?
HOW TO MAKE BEETROOT HUMMUS
First, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the beets and garlic cloves on a piece of foil and roast until tender.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- Serve this hummus with celery, carrots, chips, crackers, pita bread, and much more for a healthy snack or appetizer. You can also spread this hummus on your favorite sandwich or wrap.
IS THIS KID-FRIENDLY?
This beetroot hummus recipe is certainly kid-friendly! Toddlers and children will love this colorful hummus.
WHAT TIME OF DAY DO YOU SUGGEST THIS RECIPE?
This hummus would be great for lunch, a mid-afternoon snack, or as an appetizer before dinner! This beetroot hummus is light enough to enjoy anytime of the day–especially before or after a workout.
WHY IS TEJARI ORGANIC?
Our Organic Tejari Blends are made with the cleanest and most pristine ingredients. From organic and wholesome organic pea protein powder to transparent labels you can trust, Organic Tejari Superfood Blends are carried out with the highest standards in place to offer the most genuine experiences you could ever have.
WHY IS THIS TEJARI RECIPE BETTER?
Tejari is low in sugar (it has no added sugar), it has a moderate level of protein, and it also contains fiber. You want to incorporate things like this in your diet as you want nutrient density when you're eating - things to stabilize your blood sugar and keep you full for extended periods of time, and Tejari does that.
OTHER RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE
- Beet Oat Bars
- Strawberry and Beet Jam Recipe
- Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce
- Brownie Batter
- Spiced Roasted Pepitas
Yield: 2 cups
- 1 small red beet, rinsed and trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1, 15 ounces can chickpeas, drained but not rinsed
- ¼ c fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons Tejari Organic Beets + Carrots Blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus more for roasting
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place beet and garlic cloves on a small piece of foil, drizzle with olive oil and scrunch up sides of foil to form a tight packet. Roast on a small sheet pan in the oven until beet is tender when pierced with a knife, 35-40 mins.
- When cool enough to handle, peel garlic cloves and roasted beet and cut into quarters. (Peels should slip right off when rubbed with your fingers, if needed, use a pairing knife to help remove).
- Place into food processor along with chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, Tejari Organic Beets + Carrots Blend, salt and white pepper. Blend until smooth, about 20 seconds.
- With mixer running, drizzle in ¼ cup olive oil and keep blending to get a silky, brightly colored hummus.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired then enjoy with fresh vegetables or crackers.
Shop this organic superfood blend by clicking here for the full serving pouch or sachets (one serving).