SPICY THAI PEANUT SAUCE RECIPE
This recipe for spicy Thai peanut sauce is so good and easy to make at home! Made with our Tejari Organic Banana Blend, coconut milk, garlic, and ginger for a tangy sauce that tastes fully authentic. Perfect for veggies and salads with its boost of extra protein and fiber.
Healthy and made with wholesome ingredients that are loaded with benefits and healthy for you, this recipe for Thai peanut sauce is the perfect addition to any extra veggies you may have lying around or your next Buddha bowl.
Loaded with antioxidants and protein from the natural peanut peanut butter and healthy Tejari Organic Banana Blend, this spicy, yet delicious sauce is great for taking things up a notch especially during warmer months.
INGREDIENTS FOR THAI PEANUT SAUCE RECIPE
For this spicy peanut sauce, you will need just a handful of basic ingredients!
- Peanut butter (all natural organic creamy peanut butter for an added boost of protein and nutty flavor)
- Soy sauce (you can also use coco aminos or tamari if you're on a gluten-free or low-sodium diet)
- Lime juice (two to three organic limes are needed here)
- Tejari Organic Banana Blend (contains natural anti-inflammatory properties such as organic turmeric and cinnamon)
- Garlic (organic & freshly minced or grated. Garlic is known to be therapeutic and medicinal in its aid in cardiovascular health and disease-fighting properties.)
- Ginger (fresh & organic, grated. Ginger is commonly used for colds and illnesses as it is a natural antioxidant, anti-inflammatory agent, and can be used to prevent nausea.)
- Fish sauce (you can find this at your local international market or online)
- Red pepper flakes (for a little bit of heat)
- Coconut milk (make sure to buy unsweetened coconut milk from the can)
- Optional: chopped roasted peanuts and additional red pepper flakes
WHAT IS TURMERIC USED FOR?
Turmeric is used as a culinary spice and is generally used in various forms of cooking, specifically Eastern cuisine. Turmeric can be enjoyed in savory dishes, smoothies, and it can also be taken as a supplement for arthritis, digestive issues, and skin care. Always consult with a medical provider before introducing new supplements into your diet.
WHY IS CINNAMON GOOD FOR YOU?
Cinnamon is naturally high in anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. In addition to these benefits cinnamon is also known to be great for cardiovascular health.
WHERE CAN I BUY ORGANIC TEJARI BLENDS?
You can find our Organic Tejari Superfood Blends here. There are so many yummy options to choose from for your next smoothie and smoothie bowl recipes.
Are you curious about which Organic Tejari Blends are good for you? Take our quiz!
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT SAUCE
You will have a delicious savory Thai peanut sauce recipe prepared in no time! Healthy ingredients with easy steps? Yes, please!
- Whisk Ingredients: First, in a medium bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce or substitute, lime juice, Tejari Organic Banana Blend, garlic, ginger, fish sauce, and red pepper flakes.
- Mix: Next, continue to mix the ingredients and slowly stream in the coconut milk until fully emulsified.
- Serve: Serve this spicy Thai peanut sauce with fresh vegetables, noodles, crackers, or toss with a fresh salad.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerator for up to four days.
- You can try this recipe with almond butter if you do not have creamy peanut butter.
- To make it spicier, just add more red chili flakes.
HOW DO YOU THICKEN PEANUT SAUCE?
If your sauce needs to be a thickened a bit more, then just add a little more peanut butter.
WHAT IS SPICY PEANUT SAUCE CALLED?
Spicy peanut sauce is also known as satay sauce.
CAN YOU FREEZE PEANUT SAUCE?
This sauce can be frozen! Just make sure it is stored in a freezer-safe container. You can store this spicy peanut sauce in the freezer for up to four months.
WHY IS THIS TEJARI RECIPE BETTER?
Tejari Organic is low in sugar (it has no added sugar), has a moderate level of protein, and it also contains fiber. You want to incorporate things like this in your diet as you want nutrient density when you're eating - things to stabilize your blood sugar and keep you full for extended periods of time. Tejari does all of that!
WHY IS TEJARI ORGANIC?
Our Tejari Organic Blends are made with the cleanest and most pristine ingredients only. From organic and wholesome organic pea protein powder to transparent labels you can trust, Organic Tejari Superfood Blends are carried out with the highest standards in place to offer the most genuine experiences you could ever have.
IS THIS RECIPE FAMILY-FRIENDLY?
This sauce is a great way to introduce the littles to different combinations of flavors. You may want to reduce or omit the red chili flakes, though, if you're serving this to smaller children.
OTHER TEJARI-RELATED POSTS YOU WILL LOVE
- Cardamon Olive Oil Cake (Vegan)
- Hot Cacao
- The Power of Spices and Herbs
- Spicy Roasted Pepitas Recipe
- Tejari Organic in Oatmeal
- 1 ½ tbsp Tejari Organic Banana Blend
- ½ cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1-inch knob ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ tablespoon red pepper flakes (or more for more heat)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Optional: chopped roasted peanuts and red pepper flakes for garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, Tejari Organic Banana Blend, garlic, ginger, fish sauce, and red pepper flakes. Continue to mix and slowly stream in coconut milk until fully emulsified.
- Serve with fresh vegetables, crackers, or toss with a salad.