This is the best Simple Vanilla Cake recipe with our Organic Vanilla Blend. It’s gluten free, refined sugar free, and so quick and easy to make. Deliciously made from scratch, this cake is perfect for every occasion!
WHY THIS RECIPE IS THE BEST
- Easy: This Oat Flour Cake is so easy to make, you mix everything in one bowl, pour it into a cake pan and bake!
- Filled with Protein: Thanks to peanuts, hemp protein, Organic Tejari Blend, pumpkin protein, and more, these healthy snack bars are great for whenever you need something filling for either breakfast or a snack.
- Sweet and Refined Sugar-Free: With no added refined white sugar, this cake uses coconut sugar as an alternative natural sweetener.
- Customizable: This Vanilla Oat Flour Cake recipe is great to use as a foundation to make other healthy sweet treats. Next time try adding in grated carrots or coffee for other amazing dessert options!
- The ingredients needed to make this delicious cake can be very easily sourced and are probably already in your pantry making it a great recipe to have up your sleeve in a pinch!
Oat Flour: A great gluten-free option, oat flour gives this cake some extra fiber.
Coconut Sugar: A plant based, natural sweetener which we love!
Vanilla: Pure vanilla extract gives this oat flour cake an aromatic and pleasant flavor that blends well with all of the other ingredients. You could also use almond extract.
Tejari Organic Vanilla Blend: This blend is packed with iron, magnesium, and potassium from bananas and turmeric.
Greek Yogurt: Fresh and delicious, Greek yogurt makes a great frosting for this cake.
Maple Syrup: Just the right amount of maple syrup is used to keep this cake delicately sweet while keeping it refined sugar free.
Butter, Buttermilk, and Baking Powder: A basic baking trio.
- Substitute oat flour with almond flour at a 1:1 ratio.
- If you don’t have buttermilk to hand you could use a milk and lemon juice or white vinegar combination. Add one tbsp of lemon juice or white vinegar to a 1 cup measuring cup and fill it to the brim with milk.
- Add grated carrots and spices to make your next favorite carrot cake recipe or coffee for a great coffee cake treat!
- Edible flowers are a beautifully creative way to decorate this cake for special occasions.
- Add your favorite berries on top of the frosting for a healthy and decorative fresh finish.
MAKE THE CAKE
- Combine the butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in the eggs and mix well till combined. Add the buttermilk and vanilla, and mix well.
- Sift in the oat ﬂour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until just combined (lumps are okay!)
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Let cool completely before removing it from the pan.
MAKE THE GREEK YOGURT FROSTING
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and Organic Vanilla Blend.
- Mix with vigor until very smooth and fluffy. *If you cannot smooth out any stubborn lumps, add a splash of any milk of your choice to loosen it up a bit.
- Spread the Greek yogurt frosting generously on top of the cake with swirls and swoops.
- Pile the berries on top and garnish with edible ﬂowers if you are using these.
CAN I REPLACE OAT FLOUR WITH ALL PURPOSE FLOUR?
You can replace the oat flour in this recipe with all purpose flour to the same measurement. Some recipes would call for the same weight of oat flour to be used as all purpose flour, rather than the same volume, but in this recipe the same volume is ok. You can also use almond flour as an alternative at a 1:1 ratio.
IS BAKING WITH OAT FLOUR HEALTHIER?
Yes, when compared to some other flours. Oat flour used to be a bit hard to find but you should be able to find it in most supermarkets now. More people are learning to bake with it because of how much better it is nutritionally compared to wheat flour, and it is also a great substitute for making recipes gluten free. In 1/2 cup of whole grain oat flour there are about 17.5g of protein and 10g of fiber, according to the USDA. Whole grain oat flour is also a good source of iron, magnesium, and zinc.
HOW DO I STORE THIS CAKE?
You can keep this oat flour vanilla cake in an airtight container or covered in plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 5 days, or at room temperature for up to 3 days.
IS THIS RECIPE GLUTEN FREE?
Everything in this recipe is gluten free so it is the perfect treat for those who have celiac disease or gluten intolerance. Oat flour is a great substitute for wheat flour to make recipes gluten free. Make sure that you are using flour made from certified gluten-free oats to make it gluten free oat flour.
- Make sure that wet ingredients for the cake are at room temperature before you mix them together to help your cake be less dense.
- Make sure your baking powder is still good to use to ensure your cake rises well - it should have been opened within the last six months and have been stored in an airtight container since then.
- Coconut sugar can be replaced by brown sugar.
- You could line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper to make the transfer easier after baking.
- You can use edible flowers or 2 cups of berries, sliced or diced as needed, as decoration on top of the Greek Yogurt frosting, and they can even be color coded for a specific event if needed!
MORE RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE
WHERE CAN I BUY ORGANIC TEJARI BLENDS?
You can find our Organic Tejari Superfood Blends here. There are so many yummy options to choose from for your next flavorful recipes. You can find both the small sachets and full-serving bags for Tejari Organic Apples + Greens Blend.
WHY IS TEJARI ORGANIC?
Our Organic Tejari Blends are made with the cleanest and most pristine ingredients and whole foods. From organic and wholesome organic pea protein powder to transparent labels you can trust, Organic Tejari Superfood Blends are carried out with the highest standards in place to offer the most genuine experiences you could ever have.
WHY IS THIS TEJARI RECIPE BETTER?
Tejari is low in sugar (it has no added sugar), it has a moderate level of protein, and it also contains fiber. You want to incorporate things like this in your diet as you want nutrient density when you're eating - things to stabilize your blood sugar levels and keep you full for extended periods of time, and Tejari does that.
FIND AND FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM FOR MORE!