CRANBERRY & PUMPKIN SPICE SCONES
Crumbly and light, these Pumpkin Cranberry Scones are a perfect breakfast or snack during the fall season. Not only are these pumpkin scones easy and delicious, but they are a great way to incorporate our limited edition Organic Pumpkin Spice protein blend for an added dose of protein, fruits and superfoods.
- 2 cups AP Flour
- 2 tbsp Tejari Organic Pumpkin Spice Blend
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup plus 2 tbsp heavy cream, plus extra for brushing
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 stick butter, frozen
- 1 heaping cup cranberries, frozen
- ¼ cup plain, lowfat yogurt
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp Tejari Organic Pumpkin Spice Blend
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, Tejari Organic Pumpkin Spice Blend, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk cream, egg, vanilla extract, and orange zest to combine.
- Using a box grater, grate the stick of frozen butter into the bowl with the flour. Toss to combine with a fork, blending in butter until only pea-sized pieces remain.
- Pour wet ingredients into the bowl, add the cranberries, and gently fold everything together using a rubber spatula. The mixture should be moistened, but not over blended.
- Transfer dough onto your parchment lined sheet pan and shape into an 8-inch disk.
- Brush the top with a bit of cream and transfer to your fridge and chill for at least 20 minutes.
- Once dough has chilled, remove and cut into 8 wedges, like a pie. Separate scones roughly 2” apart and bake for 18-23 minutes, until nicely golden brown.
- While scones are in the oven, whisk the yogurt, orange juice, and Tejari Organic Pumpkin Spice Blend together in a small bowl. Cover and chill until needed.
- Remove scones from oven and allow to cool at least 15-20 minutes.
- Just before serving, drizzle yogurt glaze on top and enjoy!