HEALTHY CRANBERRY AND PUMPKIN SPICE SCONES (EASY)
Crumbly, light, and moist, these easy and healthy Pumpkin Cranberry Scones are a perfect breakfast or snack during the fall season. Not only are these pumpkin scones simple, but they are a great way to incorporate our limited edition Organic Pumpkin Spice protein blend for an added dose of protein, fruits and superfoods.
Bright and sweet pumpkin scones sweetened with cranberries and sugar is the perfect way to welcome breakfast, brunch, or snack and tea time. Drizzle with creamy orange and pumpkin glaze, these moist and healthy scones are great for whenever you're wanting to keep things balanced but tasty.
With pea protein and our Tejari Organic blend of turmeric, nutmeg, cinnamon, and other immunity-boosting properties, both your body and mind will enjoy these clean treats.
Do Scones Have a Lot of Sugar in Them?
Sometimes, scones do contain a lot of sugar, but not these! These scones are healthier than typical store-bought or packaged scones.
Organic Flour: We used all-purpose flour, but for a gluten-free version, feel free to use a 1:1 gluten-free baking blend.
Tejari Organic Pumpkin Spice Blend: Rich with organic pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon, dates, pea protein, and ashwagandha root, this superfood blend is filled with natural potassium, magnesium, and other immunity-boosting properties that are great for the body.
Organic Sugar: Just a small amount of white granulated sugar is what we used, but you can use coconut or palm sugar.
Cream: Use either dairy or vegan heavy cream.
Vanilla: Make sure to use pure vanilla extract for the best flavors.
Orange: The zest and juice of one orange is needed for these bright scones.
Butter: Make sure the butter is frozen!
Cranberries: We used frozen cranberries, but fresh will also work.
Yogurt: Keep it simple by using plain low-fat yogurt which can be either dairy or plant-based.
Orange Juice: Either freshly squeezed or store bought orange juice is used for the creamy glaze.
- 2 cups AP Flour
- 2 tbsp Tejari Organic Pumpkin Spice Blend
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup plus 2 tbsp heavy cream, plus extra for brushing
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 stick butter, frozen
- 1 heaping cup cranberries, frozen
- ¼ cup plain, lowfat yogurt
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp Tejari Organic Pumpkin Spice Blend
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, Tejari Organic Pumpkin Spice Blend, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk cream, egg, vanilla extract, and orange zest to combine.
- Using a box grater, grate the stick of frozen butter into the bowl with the flour. Toss to combine with a fork, blending in butter until only pea-sized pieces remain.
- Pour wet ingredients into the bowl, add the cranberries, and gently fold everything together using a rubber spatula. The mixture should be moistened, but not over blended.
- Transfer dough onto your parchment lined sheet pan and shape into an 8-inch disk.
- Brush the top with a bit of cream and transfer to your fridge and chill for at least 20 minutes.
- Once dough has chilled, remove and cut into 8 wedges, like a pie. Separate scones roughly 2” apart and bake for 18-23 minutes, until nicely golden brown.
- While scones are in the oven, whisk the yogurt, orange juice, and Tejari Organic Pumpkin Spice Blend together in a small bowl. Cover and chill until needed.
- Remove scones from oven and allow to cool at least 15-20 minutes.
- Just before serving, drizzle yogurt glaze on top and enjoy!