Crumbly, light, and moist, this easy Healthy Pumpkin Scone recipe is perfect for making breakfast or a snack during the fall season. Not only are these pumpkin scones simple, but they are a great way to incorporate our limited edition Organic Pumpkin Spice Protein Blend (link?) for an added dose of protein, fruits, and superfoods.
Warm spiced pumpkin scones sweetened with cranberries and sugar are the perfect way to welcome breakfast, brunch, or snack and tea time. Drizzled with creamy orange and pumpkin glaze, these moist and healthy scones are great for whenever you're wanting to keep things balanced but tasty.
These scones are the best of both the scone and pumpkin pie spice worlds. Enjoyable all year round, these sweet treats are filled with juicy berries and also our superfood Pumpkin Spice Blend! With pea protein and our Tejari Organic blend of turmeric, nutmeg, cinnamon, and other immunity-boosting properties, both your body and mind will enjoy these clean treats.
Why This Recipe Is The Best
- Easy: These Cranberry and Pumpkin Spice Scones are easy to make if you follow my instructions, just be careful not to over-knead!
- Freezer-Friendly: Easily make a batch of scones and freeze some to have on hand for when you get the next craving.
- Boost Immunity: Thanks to our Tejari Organic blend of turmeric, nutmeg, and cinnamon, which have immunity-boosting properties, both your body and mind will love this healthy pumpkin scones recipe.
- Customizable: This recipe is great to use as a foundation to make other healthy scones. Next time try making pumpkin pecan scones by adding chopped pecans instead of cranberries. See below for more variations to make your own new creation!
- Everything you need to make these easy pumpkin scones can be easily sourced, and probably already in your pantry. Almond flour and oat flour are great Gluten Free alternatives and they work so well with pumpkin spice flavors.
Organic Flour: We used all-purpose flour, but you can also use whole wheat flour to make Spiced Whole Wheat Pumpkin Scones. For a Gluten-Free version, feel free to use a 1:1 gluten-free baking blend.
Tejari Organic Pumpkin Spice Blend: Rich with organic pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon, dates, pea protein, and ashwagandha root, this superfood blend is filled with natural potassium, magnesium, and other immunity-boosting properties that are great for the body.
Organic Sugar: Just a small amount of white granulated sugar is what we used, but you can use coconut sugar, brown sugar, or palm sugar. Salt is necessary for flavor and to bring out the sweetness of these scones even further!
Cream: Use either dairy or vegan heavy cream.
Organic Egg: Adds flavor, lift, and structure. Baking Powder also adds lift.
Vanilla: Make sure to use pure vanilla extract for the best flavors.
Orange: The zest and juice of one orange are needed for these bright scones.
Cranberries: We used frozen cranberries, but fresh will also work.
Yogurt: These moist pumpkin scones include yogurt, but you can keep it simple by using plain low-fat yogurt which can be either dairy or plant-based.
Orange Juice: Either freshly squeezed or store bought orange juice is used for the creamy glaze.
Butter: Make sure the butter is frozen! Butter is responsible for making your scones flaky, giving them crisp edges, and helping with rising.
- Make these scones Gluten-Free by using your favorite gluten-free flour at a 1:1 ratio. Almond flour can also be substituted at a 1:1 ratio.
- Add chopped pecans or chopped walnuts for extra texture.
- Add some pumpkin puree to the dough for a richer pumpkin flavor. You could also make the creamy glaze with an added small amount of pumpkin puree.
- Sprinkle some granulated sugar or similar on top before baking for an extra sweetened finish.
- Add white chocolate chips for a sweeter dessert-like treat.
- Top these scones with a maple glaze by mixing maple syrup and powdered sugar and butter.
Prep Supplies: Preheat the oven to 400 and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Combine Dry Ingredients: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, Tejari Organic Pumpkin Spice Blend, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
Combine Wet Ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk cream, egg, vanilla extract, and orange zest to combine.
Add butter: Using a box grater, grate the stick of frozen butter into the bowl with the flour. Toss to combine with a fork, blending in butter until only pea-sized pieces remain.
Combine all ingredients: Pour wet ingredients into the bowl, add the cranberries, and gently fold everything together using a rubber spatula. The mixture should be moistened, but not over blended.
Prepare and chill dough: Transfer dough onto your parchment lined baking sheet and shape it into an 8-inch disk. Brush the top with a bit of cream and transfer to your fridge and chill for at least 20 minutes.
Separate dough and bake: Once the dough has chilled, remove and cut into 8 wedges, like a pie. Separate scones roughly 2” apart and bake for 18-23 minutes, until nicely golden brown.
Make the glaze and chill: While scones are in the oven, whisk the yogurt, orange juice, and Tejari Organic Pumpkin Spice Blend together in a small bowl. Cover and chill until needed.
Take out scones: Remove scones from the oven and allow them to cool for at least 15-20 minutes.
Add glaze and serve: Just before serving, drizzle yogurt glaze on top and enjoy!
WHY DIDN’T MY PUMPKIN SCONES RISE?
The most likely reason is that the dough has been over-kneaded. The key to great scones is to keep pockets of air in the dough, and you do this by folding the wet and dry ingredients together.
DO SCONES HAVE A LOT OF SUGAR IN THEM?
Sometimes, scones do contain a lot of sugar, but not these! These scones are healthier than typical store-bought or packaged scones, especially because they contain our Organic Pumpkin Spice Blend!
WHAT DO I SERVE WITH THESE SCONES?
Pumpkin scones are delicious on their own, especially these ones with cranberry and orange flavors throughout. Although, they do also taste amazing cut them in half with butter on them! Serve with hot tea or coffee.
HOW DO I STORE THEM?
These healthy pumpkin scones will keep well at room temperature for up to 2 days if stored in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap.
CAN I FREEZE THESE?
Wrap each pumpkin scone individually before you put them in the freezer. They will stay good for up to 3 months this way, and you can take them out as and when you need them!
- Use chilled butter to ensure you get the flaky consistency desired. If you’re baking in warm conditions, chill all your ingredients to make sure your butter isn’t melted by anything until it reaches the oven.
- Don’t over-knead the dough. Carefully fold the wet and dry ingredients together. You want to get pockets of air into the dough to ensure the scones rise well.
- Adding pumpkin puree for a more intense pumpkin flavor is great, but be careful with the consistency of the dough or the glaze by only adding a small amount at a time, whichever you add it to.
Other recipes with Pumpkin Spice Blend
- Healthy Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
- Vegan Pumpkin Soup
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Bars
- Pumpkin Spice Bars
Other recipes you will love
- Orange Olive Oil Cake with Cardamon
- Spiced Carrot and Coconut Vegan Muffins
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten Free Fudgy Date Brownies
WHERE CAN I BUY ORGANIC TEJARI BLENDS?
You can find our Organic Tejari Superfood Blends here. There are so many yummy options to choose from for your next flavorful recipes. You can find both the small sachets and full-serving bags for Tejari Organic Apples + Greens Blend.
Are you curious about which Organic Tejari Blends are good for you? Take our quiz!
WHY IS TEJARI ORGANIC?
Our Organic Tejari Blends are made with the cleanest and most pristine ingredients and whole foods. From organic and wholesome organic pea protein powder to transparent labels you can trust, Organic Tejari Superfood Blends are carried out with the highest standards in place to offer the most genuine experiences you could ever have.
WHY IS THIS TEJARI RECIPE BETTER?
Tejari is low in sugar (it has no added sugar), it has a moderate level of protein, and it also contains fiber. You want to incorporate things like this in your diet as you want nutrient density when you're eating - things to stabilize your blood sugar levels and keep you full for extended periods of time, and Tejari does that.
FIND AND FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM FOR MORE!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Tejari Organic Pumpkin Spice Blend
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup plus 2 tbsp heavy cream, plus extra for brushing
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 stick butter, frozen
- 1 heaping cup cranberries, frozen
- ¼ cup plain, low-fat yogurt
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp Tejari Organic Pumpkin Spice Blend
- Preheat the oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, Tejari Organic Pumpkin Spice Blend, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk cream, egg, vanilla extract, and orange zest to combine.
- Using a box grater, grate the stick of frozen butter into the bowl with the flour. Toss to combine with a fork, blending in butter until only pea-sized pieces remain.
- Pour wet ingredients into the bowl, add the cranberries, and gently fold everything together using a rubber spatula. The mixture should be moistened, but not over blended.
- Transfer dough onto your parchment lined baking sheet and shape it into an 8-inch disk.
- Brush the top with a bit of cream and transfer to your fridge and chill for at least 20 minutes.
- Once the dough has chilled, remove and cut into 8 wedges, like a pie. Separate scones roughly 2” apart and bake for 18-23 minutes, until nicely golden brown.
- While scones are in the oven, whisk the yogurt, orange juice, and Tejari Organic Pumpkin Spice Blend together in a small bowl. Cover and chill until needed.
- Remove scones from the oven and allow to cool for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Just before serving, drizzle yogurt glaze on top and enjoy!