COCONUT DATE ENERGY BALLS
These coconut date energy balls are subtly sweet and made with almonds, our Tejari Organic Banana Blend, coconut, and naturally sweetened dates. Filled with protein for a healthy snack!
Nutty, flavorful, tender and nutrient-dense– these vegan protein balls made with dates are just what you need to jumpstart your day.
INGREDIENTS FOR DATE PROTEIN BALLS
These vegan and paleo date energy balls are made with minimal ingredients that you probably already have around the house. We love how effortless this recipe is!
- Dates (Medjool, pites removed)
- Almonds (roasted, you may want to get unsalted)
- Organic almond butter
- Kosher salt
- Tejari Organic Golden Banana Blend (filled with natural anti-inflammatory properties, potassium, and eco-friendly, organic pea protein that is super good for you)
ARE DATES A HEALTHY SNACK?
Dates are a whole ingredient so they are considered healthy! Of course, always check with your medical provider before introducing new foods into your diet.
ARE DATES A SUPERFOOD?
Naturally high in fiber, dates have been considered "superfoods" by those around the world. Dates are a high source of energy, too!
WHERE CAN I BUY ORGANIC TEJARI BLENDS?
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF TURMERIC?
Turmeric is a natural antioxidant, anti-inflammatory agent, and immune booster. Turmeric has been used around the world for several years and is popular in Ayurvedic medicine. We just had to add it to these date energy balls!
HOW DO YOU MAKE AN ENERGY BALL?
It's very easy to make these almond protein balls! You will love this effortless recipe– perfect for meal prepping, too.
- Blend: First, combine the dates, almonds, almond butter, salt, Tejari Organic Banana Blend, and half of the coconut in a food processor. Blend until a dough forms.
- Form dough: With your hands and a little bit of water, form the dough into balls and roll in the remaining coconut.
- Dry: Finally, allow the date energy balls to dry at room temperature for at least two hours. Enjoy!
TIPS FOR THIS RECIPE
- No food processor? Not a problem for these energy balls with dates! If you have a blender, you can use that.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Use water as needed to make the dough sticky.
ARE ENERGY BALLS GOOD FOR YOU?
As long as the energy balls are made with healthy wholesome ingredients, then yes, they are good for you!
WHAT DO YOU DO WITH OLD MEDJOOL DATES?
You can revive the dates by placing them in water. Perfect for almond milk!
WHEN SHOULD YOU EAT PROTEIN BALLS?
You can eat protein balls any time of the day, honestly! Whether you're eating these date energy balls for breakfast or as a post-afternoon snack, make sure you're enjoying it.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF PROTEIN BALLS?
Since these protein balls are loaded with plant-based superfoods such as turmeric, potassium, and pea protein, the benefits of these snacks are endless!
WIth each serving, you will have a healthy amount of fiber, protein, potassium, omega-3s, and so much more.
WHY IS THIS TEJARI RECIPE BETTER?
Are you curious about which Organic Tejari Blends are good for you? Take our quiz!
OTHER RECIPES TO ENJOY
INGREDIENTS FOR 2O ENERGY BALLS:
- 2 cups medjool dates, pits removed
- ½ cup roasted almonds
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup Tejari Organic Golden Banana Blend
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, divded
- 1 pinch of salt
- Combine dates, almonds, almond butter, salt, Tejari and half of the coconut in a food processor and blend until a sticky dough forms. (If dough is not coming together, add one tablespoon of water and continue blending.)
- Wet your hands and form dough into 2 tablespoon-sized balls. Roll in remaining shredded coconut.
- Let dry at room temperature for 2 hours before serving. Store in an airtight container and enjoy!