Ingredients for Chocolate Vegan Muffins
This healthy muffin recipe doesn't require much! With just a handful of basic pantry ingredients and our Tejari Organic Cacao Blend, you'll have these flavorful and nutritious muffins ready in minutes.
Flour - Organic all-purpose flour is what we used in this recipe, but you can easily substitute with a gluten-free flour blend (with xanthan gum).
Date sugar - Also known as date powder, date sugar is a great alternative to refined sugar and is not artificial. Natural and whole! You can find this ingredient in your local health-food market or online.
Tejari Organic Cacao Blend - A natural aid in digestion, antioxidants, protein, fiber, and so much more, our Tejari Organic Cacao Blend is a powerhouse filled with superfoods you can feel good about.Baking soda -
Salt - Kosher sea salt for a balanced flavor.
Water - Just a little it is needed! Make sure to use purified water for this recipe.
Oil - Any type of plant oil such as olive, grapeseed, coconut, avocado, etc.
Vanilla extract - Pure vanilla extract only for optimal flavors.
Vinegar - Apple cider vinegar can be substituted with distilled white vinegar.
Confections Sugar - Also known as powdered sugar, this sugar can be omitted.
Optional: vegan marshmallows and or dairy-free chocolate chips
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CACAO?
Cacao contains flavonoids which are compromised of healthy antioxidants and immune-boosting benefits. Not only is cacao good for your body, but people consume cacao as a natural stress-reliever and way to relax.
WHERE CAN I BUY ORGANIC TEJARI BLENDS?
You can find our Organic Tejari Superfood Blends here. There are so many yummy options to choose from for your next smoothie and smoothie bowl recipes.
Are you curious about which Organic Tejari Blends are good for you? Take our quiz!
WHAT IS DATE SUGAR?
Date sugar is simply dehydrated dates that have been ground into a granulated texture to resemble sugar. There is nothing fake about it!
HOW TO MAKE EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
- PREHEAT OVEN: First, preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare the muffin tin with oil or muffin liners.
- COMBINE DRY INGREDIENTS: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, Tejari Organic Cacao Blend, baking soda, and salt.
- ADD WET INGREDIENTS: Next, add the water, oil, vanilla extract, and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- TRANSFER TO PAN: Transfer the batter to the prepared muffin tin or baking pan.
- ADD CHOCOLATE CHIPS: Next, top the muffins with the optional chocolate chips and vegan marshmallows.
- BAKE: Finally, bake the vegan chocolate muffins for 15-18 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, then simply using a gluten-free flour with xanthan gum added.
- For a refined sugar-free version, simply omit the powdered sugar or use powdered Swerve.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container for up to four days. You can store them in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
HOW LONG DO VEGAN CHOCOLATE MUFFINS LAST?
These vegan chocolate muffins will remain fresh from three to four days. If you would like to freeze these muffins, then transfer them to a freezer-safe bag or container and freeze for up to four months.
HOW DO YOU TELL MUFFINS ARE DONE WITHOUT A TOOTHPICK?
If you touch the tops of the muffins and they spring back, then that means they are finished baking. You can also shake the pan to see if the muffins wiggle or remain in place.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU OVER MIX MUFFINS?
If you over mix the muffins, then they will turn out very dense and hardly fluffy. You don't want to much air to get into the batter.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH DAIRY FREE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS?
These muffins would go well with a glass of plant-based milk, cup of tea or coffee, or even after enjoying our recipe for kale juice.
WHY IS THIS TEJARI RECIPE BETTER?
Tejari Organic is low in sugar (it has no added sugar), has a moderate level of protein, and it also contains fiber. You want to incorporate things like this in your diet as you want nutrient density when you're eating - things to stabilize your blood sugar and keep you full for extended periods of time. Tejari does all of that!
WHY IS TEJARI ORGANIC?
Our Tejari Organic Blends are made with the cleanest and most pristine ingredients only. From organic and wholesome organic pea protein powder to transparent labels you can trust, Organic Tejari Superfood Blends are carried out with the highest standards in place to offer the most genuine experiences you could ever have.
We got this recipe after one of our interviews with creative art director and LA-based prop stylist, Wilmarose Orlanes. Orlanes bakes a lot of vegan recipes in her home and loves to use Tejari Organic Cacao Blend in them.
"Not only do they pack our muffins, cakes, and pancakes with whole ingredient and protein, but Tejari blends are so tasty and just add another layer of flavor to our food. I took our favorite vegan chocolate cake recipe and recreated it to include Tejari Organic Cacao Blend."
Other Recipes You'll Enjoy
- 1 ¼ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup of date powder
- ⅓ cups Tejari Organic Cacao Blend
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cups olive oil or any other vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Vegan chocolate chips
- Vegan mini marshmallows
- Confectioner’s sugar for dusting
- Heat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line a muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Add flour, sugar, Tejari Organic Cacao Blend, baking soda & salt to a large bowl. Whisk the mixture together until uniform in color. Use your fingers to break apart any lumps.
- Add water along with the oil, vanilla extract and vinegar. Stir slowly with a fork or a whisk in small circles to blend. Mash, scrape and stir with a fork or spoon until smooth and uniform.
- Pour the batter into an oiled baking pan or cupcake liners and spread the batter evenly.
- Sprinkle/push in mini vegan marshmallows and/or chocolate chips. Cover with batter if possible.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes until the tops are slightly springy to the touch or until a cake tester inserted comes out clean.
At Tejari, we believe great-tasting food doesn’t have to be overly complex. That’s why we strategically source organic, clean, anti-inflammatory ingredients to use in our products. We believe what you eat not only contributes to physical strength and wellness, but also supports mental health, too.