VEGAN COCOA MUFFINS
Wilmarose Orlanes, creative art director and LA-based prop stylist, shares family food dynamics with us, along with a delicious, kid-approved recipe to try!
"We bake a lot in our house! And as much as I love butter and eggs, I alway try to reinvent family favorites to include my husband when we make treats, as he doesn't eat meat or any dairy products. I absolutely love using Tejari in our baked goods.
Not only do they pack our muffins, cakes, and pancakes with whole ingredients and protein, but Tejari blends are so tasty and just add another layer of flavor to our food! I took our favorite vegan chocolate cake recipe and recreated it to include the Tejari Cacao Blend . I loved these cupcakes on their own with a sprinkle of powdered sugar, but Mila loves to pop in a few mini marshmallows and chocolate chips in! Can't blame her!"- Wilmarose Orlanes
- 1 ¼ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup of date powder
- ⅓ cups Tejari Organic Cacao Blend
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ⅓ cups olive oil or any other vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Vegan chocolate chips
- Vegan mini marshmallows
- Confectioner’s sugar for dusting
- Heat oven to 325 degrees and line a muffin pan.
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda & salt to a large bowl. Whisk the mixture together until uniform in color. Use your fingers to break apart any lumps.
- Add water along with the oil, vanilla extract and vinegar. Stir slowly with a fork or a whisk in small circles to blend. Mash, scrape and stir with a fork or spoon until smooth and uniform.
- Pour the batter into an oiled baking pan or cupcake liners and spread the batter evenly.
- Sprinkle/push in mini vegan marshmallows and/or chocolate chips. Cover with batter if possible.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes until the tops are slightly springy to the touch or until a cake tester inserted comes out clean.
At Tejari, we believe great-tasting food doesn’t have to be overly complex. That’s why we strategically source organic, clean, anti-inflammatory ingredients to use in our products. We believe what you eat not only contributes to physical strength and wellness, but also supports mental health, too.