SPINACH BLUEBERRY BANANA MUFFINS
We love a good Monster Muffin for a sneaky way to get in greens without ever noticing—yes, they have spinach! But don't tell your kiddos... Ultimately, making healthier snacks available and at the ready has saved us from reaching for junk 99% of the time. Who can relate?!
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp Tejari Organic Blueberry + Spinach Blend
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce (one single serving cup)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh green spinach
- 1-2 ripe peeled bananas
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
TOPPINGS - optional
- chocolate chips
- banana slices
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and oil a muffin pan
- Whisk all of the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- In a blender, combine all the “blender” ingredients until smooth.
- Slowly fold in the wet ingredients into the dry until fully combined. Avoid overmixing.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter into the oiled muffin pan.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes until the tops are slightly springy to the touch or until a cake tester inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before you enjoy!
TIP: These muffins can be frozen for up to 3 month in a freezer bag or tight plastic wrap. Heat in the microwave with a damp paper towel.
At Tejari, we believe great-tasting food doesn’t have to be overly complex. That’s why we strategically source organic, clean, anti-inflammatory ingredients to use in our products. We believe what you eat not only contributes to physical strength and wellness, but also supports mental health, too.