INGREDIENTS FOR SPINACH BLUEBERRY BANANA MUFFINS
- Flour - We used all-purpose flour, but feel free to use a gluten-free baking blend. More information below!
- Baking powder - A leavening agent that is essential to baking, you'll definitely need baking powder for this recipe.
- Baking soda - Baking soda is another leavening agent used in baking. We like to use organic baking soda.
- Salt - Kosher sea salt
- Tejari Organic Blueberry + Spinach Blend - There are 1.5 cups of spinach and 17 blueberries in each blend: it's loaded with antioxidants!
- Applesauce - We used unsweetened applesauce to keep this recipe refined sugar-free.
- Egg - One organic egg
- Vanilla Extract - Pure vanilla extract for the best flavors.
- Spinach - Fresh tender spinach is preferred, but frozen could possibly work (we haven't tried it).
- Bananas - About two ripe bananas plus more if you're using banana slices as toppings.
- Maple syrup - A substitute to refined sugar, but you could also use honey.
- Coconut oil - Melted
Optional: Banana slices, dairy-free chocolate chips
WHERE CAN I BUY ORGANIC TEJARI BLENDS?
You can find our Organic Tejari Superfood Blends here. There are so many yummy options to choose from for your next smoothie and smoothie bowl recipes.
Are you curious about which Organic Tejari Blends are good for you? Take our quiz!
IS RAW SPINACH HEALTHY?
Fresh spinach is loaded with iron, fiber, a variety of vitamins, folate, and so much more. Everyone should consider incorporating a daily amount of spinach!
WHAT IS PEA PROTEIN?
Pea protein is a plant-based alternative to animal-based proteins. Not only is it more sustainable than whey products, but it is filled with healthy nutrients that are easy on the digestive system.
HOW TO MAKE BLUEBERRY PROTEIN MUFFINS
In just a handful of simple steps, you will have these yummy and healthy treats prepared in no time! Make these muffins for your next picnic, potluck, birthday party, luncheon, and so much more.
- PREHEAT OVEN: First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare the muffin tin. Set aside.
- WHISK: Next, in a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- COMBINE: In a blender, blend the Tejari Organic Blueberry + Spinach Blend, egg, vanilla, spinach, bananas, maple syrup, and coconut oil.
- FOLD: Next, pour the blended ingredients into the large bowl with the dry ingredients. Fold together.
- DIVIDE: Divide the batter among the muffin tin.
- BAKE: Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes.
- COOL: Finally, remove the muffins from the oven and allow them to cool for five minutes prior to enjoying.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, simply substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free baking powder. Make sure it has xanthan gum! You could also look up a basic muffin recipe that uses almond or coconut flour.
- Don't over mix the muffins or they will not be fluffy.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up four to five days.
IS THERE PROTEIN IN BLUEBERRY MUFFINS?
WHY IS THIS TEJARI RECIPE BETTER?
Tejari is low in sugar (it has no added sugar), it has a moderate level of protein, and it also contains fiber. You want to incorporate things like this in your diet as you want nutrient density when you're eating - things to stabilize your blood sugar and keep you full for extended periods of time, and Tejari does that.
WHY IS TEJARI ORGANIC?
Our Organic Tejari Blends are made with the cleanest and most pristine ingredients. From organic and wholesome organic pea protein powder to transparent labels you can trust, Organic Tejari Superfood Blends are carried out with the highest standards in place to offer the most genuine experiences you could ever have.
IS THIS KID-FRIENDLY?
Those of all ages can enjoy these delicious spinach blueberry muffins. These muffins are great for tots and children who are picky, but easily persuaded by sweet treats.
CAN I FREEZE THESE MUFFINS?
Yes! These muffins can easily be frozen in an airtight store container or bag. Simply transfer the muffins to the freezer and store for up to three months.
OTHER RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE
- Green Energy Squares
- Chia Pudding with Almond Milk
- Blueberry Yogurt Bowl
- Healthy No-Bake Cookies
- Coconut Macaroons
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Tejari Organic Blueberry + Spinach Blend
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce (one single serving cup)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh green spinach
- 1-2 ripe peeled bananas
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
TOPPINGS - optional
- chocolate chips
- banana slices
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and oil a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk all of the dry ingredients.
- In a blender, combine all the “blender” ingredients until smooth.
- Slowly fold in the wet ingredients into the dry until fully combined. Avoid over mixing the batter.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter into the oiled muffin pan.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes until the tops are slightly springy to the touch or until a cake tester inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before you enjoy!
TIP: These muffins can be frozen for up to 3 month in a freezer bag or tight plastic wrap. Heat in the microwave with a damp paper towel.
At Tejari, we believe great-tasting food doesn’t have to be overly complex. That’s why we strategically source organic, clean, anti-inflammatory ingredients to use in our products. We believe what you eat not only contributes to physical strength and wellness, but also supports mental health, too.