Finally, a nutrient-dense ice cream (yes, you read that correctly!) to satisfy your sweet tooth. Our vegan Chocolate and Banana Nice Cream recipe marries a rich, chocolate-y flavor with a tart, subtly sweet Tejari x Katy Schuele Organic Apple + Greens Blend for a satisfying dessert you can feel good about. Go ahead, have that second serving.
VEGAN PROTEIN BANANA NICE CREAM
Indulge in this rich and creamy chocolate nice cream recipe that is healthier than your typical dessert! This healthy chocolate ice cream recipe is made with plant-based protein and immune-boosting ingredients that will keep you feeling good and full.
Distinct flavors of cocoa powder, banana, vanilla, and coconut are combined into a smooth scoop-friendly texture that can be served right away or frozen for later.
This nice cream recipe is kid-friendly and a great way to squeeze in some extra leafy greens, vitamins, and superfoods into their diets. Everyone loves chocolate, right?!
WHAT IS NICE CREAM MADE OF?
Nice cream is traditionally made with frozen bananas to create a naturally sweet creamy base that is semi-frozen. The sweet fruit creates a custard-like consistency that is perfect for ice cream lovers.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS VEGAN CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Bananas: You will need to have three bananas' worth of frozen banana slices. Frozen banana slices can be found at the grocery store or you can prepare your own at home.
Cocoa Powder: Unsweetened cocoa powder is used to provide the rich chocolate flavors in this nice cream. Cacao powder will also work or even our Tejari Organic Cacao Blend.
Tejari Organic Apples + Greens Blend: This fiber and iron-rich protein powder is made from dark leafy greens, pumpkin protein, hemp protein, pea protein, turmeric, ginger, apples, cinnamon, and more. Adding this protein powder to the nice cream give it a nice boost of nutrients and protein.
Vanilla Extract: Rich vanilla extract is perfect for the chocolate and banana flavors.
Coconut Milk: Unsweetened coconut milk is the perfect base for this nice cream recipe because it is creamy and rich. We like to use the canned coconut milk.
Optional: Top the finished result with cacao nibs or yogurt chips if you are wanting a bit of a crunchy sweet finish.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE BANANA NICE CREAM
First, be sure to prepare the frozen sliced bananas and remove them from the freezer.
Next, add the bananas, cocoa powder, Tejari Organic Apples + Greens Blend, vanilla extract, and coconut milk to a blender. Blend all of the ingredients until smooth and creamy and add more milk as needed to thin it out.
Serve the nice cream right away or freeze it in a container or square dish for two hours for a more ice cream-like texture.
WHERE CAN I BUY ORGANIC TEJARI BLENDS?
- Add peanut butter or other types of nut butter to the nice cream for a chocolate and nut combination.
- Unsweetened shredded coconut would pair well with the chocolate flavors.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer for three minutes. When ready to serve the nice cream, allow it to thaw at room temperature a few minutes prior to scooping.
- Use our Tejari Organic Vanilla Blend in place of the cocoa powder for a vanilla protein nice cream.
OTHER RECIPES TO TRY
- Rich Cacao Yogurt Bark
- Vegan Pumpkin Gelato
- Cacao and Almond Butter Truffles
- Cacao Cashew Nut Butter Blend
- Cherry Coconut Popsicles
WHAT YOU NEED
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 cups frozen and sliced banana (from about 3 medium)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Tejari Organic Apple + Greens Blend
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
- Cacao nibs and/or yogurt chips (optional)
- Prior to making your nice cream, slice and freeze the bananas to make sure they are good to go. If you keep a stockpile of them in your freezer, this comes together in a snap!
- When ready, add all ingredients except the cacao nibs/yogurt chips to a high powered blender in the order listed. Blend on high until smooth and thick, scraping down the sides as needed.
- The mixture will take a minute to come together, but if it seems too dry you can always add an extra tablespoon milk.
- For a soft serve consistency, serve immediately. For a scoopable ice cream, transfer mixture to a tupperware or loaf pan and freeze until it has firmed up, about 2 hours.
Serve topped with cacao nibs, yogurt chips or topping of your choice.
WHY IS THIS TEJARI RECIPE BETTER?
Tejari is low in sugar (it has no added sugar), it has a moderate level of protein, and it also contains fiber. You want to incorporate things like this in your diet as you want nutrient density when you're eating - things to stabilize your blood sugar and keep you full for extended periods of time, and Tejari does that.
WHY IS TEJARI ORGANIC?
Our Organic Tejari Blends are made with the cleanest and most pristine ingredients. From organic and wholesome organic pea protein powder to transparent labels you can trust, Organic Tejari Superfood Blends are carried out with the highest standards in place to offer the most genuine experiences you could ever have.
At Tejari, we believe great-tasting food doesn’t have to be overly complex. That’s why we strategically source organic, clean, anti-inflammatory ingredients to use in our products. We believe what you eat not only contributes to physical strength and wellness, but also supports mental health, too.