CHOCOLATE NICE CREAM
Finally, a nutrient-dense ice cream (yes, you read that correctly!) to satisfy your sweet tooth. Our Chocolate Nice Cream recipe marries a rich, chocolately flavor with the tart, subtly sweet Tejari x Katy Schuele Organic Apple + Greens Blend for a satisfying dessert you can feel good about. Go ahead, have that second serving.
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 cups frozen and sliced banana (from about 3 medium)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp Tejari Organic Apple + Greens Blend
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk
- Cacao nibs and/or yogurt chips (optional)
- Prior to making your nice cream, slice and freeze the bananas to make sure they are good to go. If you keep a stockpile of them in your freezer, this comes together in a snap!
- When ready, add all ingredients except the cacao nibs/yogurt chips to a high powered blender in the order listed. Blend on high until smooth and thick, scraping down the sides as needed.
- The mixture will take a minute to come together, but if it seems too dry you can always add an extra tablespoon milk.
- For a soft serve consistency, serve immediately. For a scoopable ice cream, transfer mixture to a tupperware or loaf pan and freeze until it has firmed up, about 2 hours.
Serve topped with cacao nibs, yogurt chips or topping of your choice.
At Tejari, we believe great-tasting food doesn’t have to be overly complex. That’s why we strategically source organic, clean, anti-inflammatory ingredients to use in our products. We believe what you eat not only contributes to physical strength and wellness, but also supports mental health, too.