There are only two words to describe this bright, nutrient-dense pasta: pure magic. Made with our Organic Beets + Carrots blend, keep this crowd-pleaser on deck for your next dinner party. Pasta made from carrots and roasted beets is delicious anytime!
If you're in the mood for tender and smooth pasta, then you're going to love this homemade fresh pasta recipe. Loaded with superfoods, antioxidants, and nutrients, this fresh pasta is delicious for all kinds of pasta dishes.
With just a handful of easy steps, you will have delicious pasta ready from beets and roasted carrots in no time. This pasta recipe is a great way to sneak in some extra nutrients and veggies–perfect for all ages!
- Beets: Organic and fresh without greens
- Tejari Organic Betts & Carrots Blend: Rich in fiber and natural minerals, this organic protein blend features amazing superfoods such as reishi, turmeric, and non-GMO pea protein that is eco-friendly. Trust us, your body will thank you!
- Oil: Olive oil is needed for this fresh pasta
- Salt and pepper
- Flour: All-purpose flour for the pasta and work surface
BEET POWDER BENEFITS
Beet is commonly used as an anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, can can be an aid for hypertension–it has many uses! Rich in nutrients and phytochemical compounds that are beneficial, beetroot powder is commonly used as a supplement and in smoothies for extra nutrient-dense characteristics.
WHAT DOES BEET POWDER DO FOR YOU?
Beets are rich in calcium, potassium, magnesium, fiber, and other vitamins your could benefit from. Beets give you a natural boost of energy, and putting beet powder is your smoothies or baked goods is a great way to squeeze in some extra nutrition.
WHERE CAN I BUY ORGANIC TEJARI BLENDS?
IS IT BETTER TO PEEL THE BEETS BEFORE OR AFTER ROASTING?
You can leave the peel on if you would like! The peel just basically disappears once it has been cooked.
WHAT DO ROASTED BEETS TASTE LIKE?
Roasted beets are robust, earthy, and a little acidic. All in all, beets are delicious with various types of foods and ingredients!
CAN BEETS BE EATEN RAW?
Yes, just make sure to peel the skin prior to eating the raw beets!
Other Recipes You'll Love
HOW TO MAKE PASTA WITH CARROTS AND ROASTED BEETS
- 2–3 medium beets without greens* (about 6 ounces)
- ½ cup Tejari Organic Beets & Carrots
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1–1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 2–1/2 cups oo flour (optional all-purpose flour) plus more for work surface
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash the beets and place them on individual sheets of aluminum foil. Drizzle the beets with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Fold into loose packets and transfer to a sheet pan. Roast the beets for 50-60 minutes until they are easily pierced with a knife. Let the beets cool slightly before using a paper towel to rub off their skins.
- Puree the beets in a food processor with the eggs and remaining olive oil. Add the Tejari Organic Beets & Carrots Blend, flour and remaining salt and pulse until a dough forms. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for a couple minutes until the dough is smooth. Form the dough into a round disk and cover with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes or refrigerate overnight. (If the dough is refrigerated, make sure to let it come to room temperature before rolling out the pasta.)
- Divide the pasta dough into 4 pieces keeping them covered. Working with one piece of dough at a time, flatten slightly and feed through the smooth rollers of a pasta machine starting at the widest setting. Fold the pasta sheet in half each time it is fed through at a narrower setting until the pasta sheet is very thin but does not tear. Place the pasta sheets on a floured work surface to dry for 10 minutes. (Note: If you do not have a pasta machine, you can roll out the sheets of pasta with a rolling pin on a floured work surface.)
- Cut the pasta sheets into 12-inch lengths. Sprinkle the sheets with flour and roll them up loosely. Using a knife or pizza cutter, trim the rough edges and cut into 1/4-inch wide strips. Unroll and place the strips on a floured sheet pan. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta for 2 minutes until al denté and then toss with desired sauce.
Shop this organic superfood blend by clicking here for the full serving pouch or sachets (one serving).
WHY IS TEJARI ORGANIC?
Our Organic Tejari Blends are made with the cleanest and most pristine ingredients. From organic and wholesome organic pea protein powder to transparent labels you can trust, Organic Tejari Superfood Blends are carried out with the highest standards in place to offer the most genuine experiences you could ever have.
WHY IS THIS TEJARI RECIPE BETTER?
Tejari is low in sugar (it has no added sugar), it has a moderate level of protein, and it also contains fiber. You want to incorporate things like this in your diet as you want nutrient density when you're eating - things to stabilize your blood sugar and keep you full for extended periods of time, and Tejari does that.