BEETS AND CARROTS PASTA
There are only two words to describe this bright, nutrient-dense pasta: pure magic. Made with our Organic Beets + Carrots blend, keep this crowd-pleaser on deck for your next dinner party.
- 2–3 medium beets without greens* (about 6 ounces)
- ½ cup Tejari Organic Beets & Carrots
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1–1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 2–1/2 cups oo flour (optional all-purpose flour) plus more for work surface
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash the beets and place them on individual sheets of aluminum foil. Drizzle the beets with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Fold into loose packets and transfer to a sheet pan. Roast the beets for 50-60 minutes until they are easily pierced with a knife. Let the beets cool slightly before using a paper towel to rub off their skins.
- Puree the beets in a food processor with the eggs and remaining olive oil. Add the Tejari Organic Beets & Carrots Blend, flour and remaining salt and pulse until a dough forms. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for a couple minutes until the dough is smooth. Form the dough into a round disk and cover with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes or refrigerate overnight. (If the dough is refrigerated, make sure to let it come to room temperature before rolling out the pasta.)
- Divide the pasta dough into 4 pieces keeping them covered. Working with one piece of dough at a time, flatten slightly and feed through the smooth rollers of a pasta machine starting at the widest setting. Fold the pasta sheet in half each time it is fed through at a narrower setting until the pasta sheet is very thin but does not tear. Place the pasta sheets on a floured work surface to dry for 10 minutes. (Note: If you do not have a pasta machine, you can roll out the sheets of pasta with a rolling pin on a floured work surface.)
- Cut the pasta sheets into 12-inch lengths. Sprinkle the sheets with flour and roll them up loosely. Using a knife or pizza cutter, trim the rough edges and cut into 1/4-inch wide strips. Unroll and place the strips on a floured sheet pan. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta for 2 minutes until al denté and then toss with desired sauce.