Yep, you read that right. Healthy and homemade with pumpkin, fall in love with our protein peanut butter cups! As in, no need to sneak candy from your little one's trick-or-treat stash—these vegan-friendly treats are all for you, and perfect for the whole fam, too.
This healthy pumpkin dessert is an easy recipe for dark chocolate made protein peanut butter cups spiced with a cozy spiced pumpkin filling. We use our Limited Edition, Organic Pumpkin Spice for this recipe.
This recipe can also be used with our Organic Cacao Blend or Organic Vanilla Blend–it's totally up to you!
Ready to turn your chocolate-covered dreams into reality?
IS PEANUT BUTTER GOOD FOR YOU?
Yes, peanut butter is rich with fiber, protein, healthy fats, and other great nutrients! Peanut butter is the perfect option for anyone who is looking for a protein-rich snack.
Chocolate– I like to use dark chocolate because it is dairy-free and indulgent, but you can use milk chocolate, too. Use either a chocolate bar or chocolate chips.
Coconut Oil– Coconut oil is used to help soften the chocolate to form these protein peanut butter cups.
Peanut Butter– We like to use creamy peanut butter because why not?!
Tejari Organic Pumpkin Spice– Rich with organic pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon, dates, pea protein, and abhwagandha root, this superfood blend is filled with natural potassium, magnesium, and other immunity-boosting properties that are great for the body.
Honey– Use honey as a sweetener for these chocolate cups or use maple syrup for a vegan-friendly option.
IS PUMPKIN SPICE HEALTHY?
Since Tejari's Organic Pumpkin Spice Blend contains naturally occuring minerals, superfoods, eco-friendly plant protein, and cinnamon to help regulate blood levels and antioxidant levels, this immune-boosting pumpkin spice blend is a great addition to anyone's daily regimen.
WHERE CAN I FIND TEJARI ORGANIC BLENDS?
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE PROTEIN PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
Line a mini muffin pan with liners or cups and set aside. Next, melt the chocolate by placing it into a microwave-safe bowl with coconut oil. Microwave the chocolate on 50% power for 45 seconds.
Remove the chocolate from the microwave and stir to combine. Repeat in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until. the chocolate is completely melted.
Add the rest of the chocolate and stir until shiny and smooth.
Using a spoon, carefully drizzle some of the melted chocolate into the foil cups. Use the back of the spoon to gently push the chocolate up the sides of each liner.
Transfer the chocolate to the refrigerate and chill for ten minutes.
Mix the peanut butter in a bowl. Combine it with Tejari Organic Pumpkin Spice and honey until blended. It will resemble dough.
Divide the peanut butter into 12 equal portions and roll each into a plump disc.
Once the chocolate is firm, remove it from the fridge and place a disc of peanut butter in each chocolate cup. Pour the rest of the melted chocolate on top of the peanut butter and place back in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Enjoy chilled or at room temperature. We prefer to enjoy them served at room temp!
WHAT DOES ASHWAGANDHA DO FOR THE BODY?
Some studies have shown that ashwagandha may be beneficial in reducing stress, acting as an anti-inflammatory. and promoting memory.
WAYS TO SERVE THESE PUMPKIN PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
- Serve these protein peanut butter cups as dessert after your very favorite meals like winter squash and sage flatbread with goat cheese or vegan pumpkin soup.
- Pass these yummy no-bake pumpkin desserts out when you are wanting to keep it simple for parties or during the holidays. Or maybe you just are craving Reese's Cups!
- Serve these homemade peanut butter cups broken up in your very favorite ice cream recipes for chunky and sweet flavors.
- Enjoy these desserts with a glass of your favorite milk or cup of coffee or tea.
OTHER RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE
- Vegan Pumpkin Gelato
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Bars
- Cacao and Almond Butter Truffles
- Vanilla Bean Latte
- Cacao Cashew Nut Butter Blend
- Peanut Butter Coconut Flour Bars
Store these protein peanut butter cups in the refrigerator for up to seven days in an airtight container.
Place these chocolate cups in the freezer for frozen treats.
- 7 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons Tejari Organic Pumpkin Spice Blend
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- Line a mini-muffin pan with foil cups and set aside.
- To temper chocolate, place roughly 2/3 of the chopped chocolate into a microwave safe bowl. Add the coconut oil and microwave on 50% power for 45 seconds. Remove and stir to combine. Repeat in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until chocolate is completely melted.
- Remove from microwave and gradually stir in the remaining 1/3 of the chopped chocolate until shiny and smooth.
- Using a spoon, drizzle about a teaspoon melted chocolate to the bottom of each foil cup. Use the back of the spoon to gently push chocolate slightly up the sides of each liner.
- Transfer to the refrigerator to firm up, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix peanut butter, Tejari Organic Pumpkin Spice, and honey until thoroughly blended. Mix will have the texture of dough. Divide into 12 equal portions and roll each into a plump disk, about the size of a quarter.
- Once firm, remove chocolate and place a disk of peanut butter mixture in center of each cup, pressing down to make sure the top stays flat.
- Pour melted chocolate on top until just covered. You may need to heat back up in 10 second increments until remelted.
- Let peanut butter cups setup in the fridge until firm, about 30 minutes.
These tasty treats are best served at room temperature, but should be stored in the fridge and will last a week (if they make it that long!).
WHY IS TEJARI ORGANIC?
WHY IS THIS TEJARI RECIPE BETTER?
Tejari is low in sugar (it has no added sugar), it has a moderate level of protein, and it also contains fiber. You want to incorporate things like this in your diet as you want nutrient density when you're eating - things to stabilize your blood sugar and keep you full for extended periods of time, and Tejari does that.
Muchas gracias. ?Como puedo iniciar sesion?